Heat and Cold Urticaria

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Heat and Cold Urticaria

Postby anne1206 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:25 pm

I have been to docs today with usual list to discuss, which normally ends up with the words "its all part of fibro" well today was marginally different he said the rashes I keep coming out in have a name all of there own, he even wrote it down for me :lol: Heat and Cold Urticaria,
More blood tests to see if restless legs are due to being aneamic, everything else was put down to fibro, oh well something else to add to the list and more medication to be put on prescription :roll:

Take care All, Anne
durate et vosmet rebus servate secundis///>Carry on and preserve yourselves for better times
anne1206
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:50 pm

urticaria is another name for hives and just means you have an itchy rash... yours is obviously triggered by temperature changes but it can be caused by allergies as well.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby princess » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:13 pm

Sometimes a change of medication can make you itchy - i get times when i could claw myself raw, and other times i am ok.
I think mine is my tablets but well its just another discomfort to take on board eh
fiona
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby Ivyleaf » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:43 am

Aaah is this what my itchy rash is - I've noticed that heat aggravates it - it runs in a band from one side of my abdomen to the other, just above my naval - I've been prescribed eumavate cream for it - cream - well it looks and feels like vaseline actually! But it works and does stop the dreadful itching.

But I do get the odd 'spot' on my nipple and side of left breast - GP said it was eczema - mmm not sure about that !!!
Ivyleaf

Postby luuluu » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:34 pm

I have suffered from urticaria on and off for years. #
Mine can be brought on by sudden changes from cold to warm but also by anxiety. At one seriously distressing time in my life even my lips used to swell up and my eyes become puffy as well as the hives all over my body. A cool shower was the only relief until they went down but I found when they put me on anti-anxiety meds it went away.

luuluu
xxxxx
what other people think of me is really none of my business
luuluu
UKFM Member

Re: Heat and Cold Urticaria

Postby supernurse999 » Sat May 30, 2009 5:05 pm

since being diagnosed with fibro some 7 years back, i cannot have a bath or a shower without taking an antijistamine first or i go mad itching all over, but i dont get a rash with it.

edit to remove bold which can be difficult to read. Gill
supernurse999
UKFM Newbie

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems