Anyone for Tennis Elbow?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Anyone for Tennis Elbow?

Postby Lou » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:23 pm

Hi everyone

I was diagnosed with fm last week and have seen my GP today to discuss medications. He said I have tennis elbow (both elbows) and that it may well be another fm issue. Does anyone else have this and if so do you have any tips for managing it? I would be grateful for any advice as it's all a bit daunting at the moment.

Best wishes

Louise :)
Lou
UKFM Member

Postby motherelephant » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:32 pm

Hello lou and welcome to the forum.I suffer quite badly with tennis elbows.When i get a bad flare up like this weekend i put a bag of frozen peas on for about 10 mins i do this a couple of times a day.I also try to rest the arm as much as possible.as a last resort ,because i dont like taking meds i will take 1 anti inflamitary tablet. For me that usually helps a lot but i must say resting it is the best solution..Motherelle.xx
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby princess » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:36 pm

Thankfully i dont have that - everything else yes but not that.
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby gillshutt » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:40 pm

Yes I get it, mainly the left one, usually when I'm in a flare... not sure it is tennis elbow as susch as I think thats due to fluid build up and I think it may be down to nerves sending the wrong signals more than anything with FM but it feels the same but clears suddenly which, when I really did have tennis elbow, it didn't.

Gill x
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby cat123 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:35 am

Yesive had it a couple of times,a few years back,dr gave me steroid injection ,in the elbow,and it worked!!.........cat123
cat123
UKFM Member

Postby smoky » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:43 pm

I have had tennis elbow in both elbows _ in the right i had a steroid injection , which improved it immeasureably
I also have tendonitus in both achilles tendons
smoky
UKFM Member

Postby Lou » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:35 pm

Thank you all for your replies. I may have to go back for the cortisone jabs if the anti-inflammatory gel doesn't work... and so far it isn't!

Lou
Lou
UKFM Member

Postby luuluu » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:24 pm

Hi

The gp told me I had tennis elbow in my right arm a year ago, gave me some cream to rub on and told me to rest it for 2 weeks. Although it now comes and goes it never goes away and simple action like using the stapler at work aggrivate it for days. However, I dont have any heat or swelling in the elbow at all and the pain is in the muscle in the forearm which does appear to swell up when its hurting. I just put it down to another fibro thing really :cry:

luuluu
xxxxx
what other people think of me is really none of my business
luuluu
UKFM Member

Re: Anyone for Tennis Elbow?

Postby morningstar » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:49 pm

hi...yes i also get the tennis elbow feeling and its my left one too, dont really get it in the right at all....it does feel like its swollen and tender...cant rest it on anything when its like that...it comes and goes...normally get it when i have a flare coming...i do tend to get warning signs now...so i know when to baton down the hatches so to speak....
michelle....
morningstar
UKFM Member

Postby Lou » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:28 pm

:D Hi everyone and thank you for your replies.

I had a cortisone jab in the right elbow which helped no end although it was very painful at the time! The left seems to be frightened of needles and has improved on its own!

Hope you are all as well as possible

Lou x
Lou
UKFM Member

Postby smoky » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:28 pm

like cat my elbow comes and goes now; after the cortisone jab I had no probs in the right elbow but recently it crept back; yesterday the rhumy grabbed it hard to ' see if it was hurting'; i had to take pain meds today as it hurt so much and i imaging it will be a week until it doesnt hurt so much again :oops:
smoky
UKFM Member

Postby motherelephant » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:21 pm

Gosh doesn't the stupid man realise we have enough to contend with without him helping it along.
I aggrevated mine last week lifting the hoover.It doesn't help either making tea and coffee all day(lifting the kettle).For the !st time in months i have had to give in and take a tablet,its not kicked in yet but the stomache ache has.Motherelle.x
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby smoky » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:46 pm

he is a she; i dont think she believes in fibro and she hasnt yet understood that when she tests for pain it can hurt for ages.
At the moment much of the time i am in the lucky position to be able to 'ignore' my pain - so it often appears that i am ok; touch me however and i HURT; she doesnt understand this
Oh well i have been discharged unless i need to see her until the autumn....
smoky
UKFM Member

Postby bar » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:38 am

Hi everybody. Yes I'm in the 'tennis elbow gang' Cant take anti inflam or most painkillers as I have a bad reaction.( sick, rash'sleeping all the time) so I found an arnica gel which you have to use for a long time but it does give some relief. Am very cautiuos when using that arm although as it is my right arm and I am right handed its not that easy. Oh the joys pf fibro!! :roll:
bar
UKFM Newbie

Postby Jenni » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:37 pm

Yep got this too.
Jenni
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems