strange feeling

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

strange feeling

Postby derekh » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:29 am

does anyone ever get the feeling that they are detached from themselves and everything around them seems unreal have been getting this feeling lately wondering if it is another symptom of fibro and has anyone else experienced it ,it is a frightening feeling dont like it at all
derekh
UKFM Member

Re: strange feeling

Postby velvet » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:52 am

if you mean a sort of detached floaty feeling then yes. i sometimes feel like i am not properly grounded - as though i am a ghost :? or as if everything is some giant play and i didnt know i was a actor and dont know my lines.

ok none of that above really describes it but might give some sort of idea.

as to whether this is a fibro thing, something else or i am just a real weirdo i have no idea.
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby derekh » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:04 pm

yeah that ype of thing i suppose it could be down to the fibro so many weird things are
derekh
UKFM Member

Postby auroura » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:55 pm

I do feel like that sometimes yes, its a very strange feeling. I kind of feel a little off balance when i look forward everything just doesnt seem 'right' dont know how else to explain it. My head feels like its not attatched to my body, as if its seperate. How weird does that sound :?

Sharon
Sharon

Bad is never good until worse happens
auroura
UKFM Member

Postby samantha louise » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:56 pm

i feel like that, just put it down to fibro and neausea tbh
xx
samantha - louise
and my two little wiggles!
xxx

fuddle off... no,... YOU fuddle off!!
samantha louise
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:39 pm

sometimes i feel like i am sitting in a bubble, just watching the world go by.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Ivyleaf » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:12 pm

You mean like feeling 'unreal' or like you feel when you're really ill like suffering from flu etc and even voices sound further away. I also feel dizzy, lightheaded - in fact I sometimes wonder if I'm still on this planet at times.
Ivyleaf

Postby lizfin » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:17 pm

i hardly have a day now that i dont feel light headed and dizzy is that a symptom of fibro :?:
lizfin
UKFM Member

Postby derekh » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:25 pm

yeah it must be due to the fibro but i think it is also a symptom of depression which comes with fibro oh what joy another one to add to the list
derekh
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:54 pm

For some it could also be down to the meds you are on. Tramadol often has this effect, especially when you first start taking it.

Gill x
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby derekh » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:23 pm

mine not down to meds dont take any only propanalol and oseprazol was having theses feelings before taking them
derekh
UKFM Member

Postby morningstar » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:45 pm

i get this also......its so im told "sensitization" and yes it feels like you are floating out of yourself...it used to scare me so much i used to get panic attacks with it....but thats seems to have subsided a bit now thank goodness...wish the rest would....lol
morningstar
UKFM Member

Postby sammi » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:11 pm

:) Im glad everyonr feels like this. I thought i was losing the plot. I feel dettached most of the time, My dausghters say "oh its my mum having a blond day". But even when i am walking anywhere i feel like im floating and its not me there, that im stood a few spaces back and i am looking on. its trange and a bit scarey. :?
The happiest people dont necesarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything that comes their way.......
sammi
UKFM Member

Postby derekh » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:58 pm

yeah it is a scary feeling ive had it on and off for a while but it still scares me
derekh
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:21 pm

I get this too.. really weird. The best thing to do is just presume you're right and it doesn't matter :) Unfortunately t brings with it the 'what's the point' feeling which can lead to depression and just not wanting to bother with anything.

Gill x
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Next

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems