strange feeling

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: strange feeling

Postby gilly54 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:32 pm

I somehow managed to have this one added to my list too :wink: It's a very strange feeling :?
gilly54
UKFM Member

Postby MCT » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:07 pm

Been having that feeling for years with some days being much worse than others. When it's really bad I don't even consider driving as my concentration levels are about zero.

Have had it all day today, in between falling asleep that is - been really, really bad. I'm really light headed and have that awful detached feeling - my tinnitus is worse today as well. All in all I'm feeling pretty lousy.
http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/FMClinics/

My get up and go just got up and went!!!

As you slide down the bannister of life, may all the splinters be facing in the right direction :)
MCT
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:12 pm

I get worse tinnitus with the detached, am I dreaming or awake thing. I think the tinnitus is trying to remind me I'm still here :lol: It must be a fibro thing but don't know what causes it.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby unigirl1981 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:02 pm

i have this too, i walk around shops and feel as if i am not really there???

i feel all floaty and detached and feel as if i am observing things rather than being there!!!

i have tried to explain it to hubby but he looked at me like i was mad!
Just because you have to park in a blue bay doesn't make you any less of a person!

I am the Chair of Doncaster and District Fibromyalgia Support Group; working with FMAUK and loving it.
unigirl1981
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:01 pm

I have a queer feeling before a relapse or total exhaustion i call it the Death Feeling - i have no other way to explain this feeling.
But when i say to my GP i have The Death Feeling again he listens intently to me.
fiona
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby auroura » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:51 am

Yes luckily i dont have this very often, its hard to explain but i do know what you all mean.
Sharon

Bad is never good until worse happens
auroura
UKFM Member

Postby leaf » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:14 pm

A couple of things spring to mind when reading this. Migraines, Meniere's both of which can and do cause tinnitus and feelings of being 'out-of-it' or out of body. Tinnitus on it's own can cause a feeling of being detached.
Proprioception problems, another possibility, any loss of sensation in the feet or stiffness in the back or neck might cause a feeling of not being on solid ground, and hence feeling floaty.

I find migraine and meniere's symptoms the most dramatic, and unsettling. I now find it difficult to distinguish fully between the two, perhaps I'm unlucky and one triggers the other. It can feel as if all my 'internal wiring' has been mixed up, all senses get mixed up, almost like synaesthesia, with all my limbs in the wrong places. It would be quite disturbing if I didn't know what it was and didn't have medication to settle it down.
Hereditary Neuropathy with Liability to Pressure Palsies - HNPP, Bi-lateral Meniere's Disease, Asthma, IBS, Migraine with Aura, Joint instability due to neuropathy, Chronic fatigue and Pain.
leaf
UKFM Newbie

Postby Angel777 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:00 pm

Yes I get this too I am so glad I am not alone in this , it does seem to be part of it all doesn't it .
Angel
Diagnosed with FM 2007 /Also have Osteoarthritis which I have had for many years .
Looking to connect with fellow FM people near me as well as making friends and having support from this forum .
Angel777
UKFM Member

Postby princess P » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:22 am

I get like this somtimes when i am driving its like being on autopiolet but not actually being the controller :|
Hi any one I have a preliminary diagnosis of chronic widespread pain syndrome, whatever that is but g.p. is convinced its F.M. Sending out good vibes to all . x
princess P
UKFM Member

Postby unigirl1981 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:03 pm

princess wrote:I have a queer feeling before a relapse or total exhaustion i call it the Death Feeling - i have no other way to explain this feeling.
But when i say to my GP i have The Death Feeling again he listens intently to me.
fiona

thats a really good way of putting the feeling. it frightens me to death especially when i kind of "wake up" mid way through a conversation or i dont know if i am awake or asleep. it kind of feels like the horrid manky feeling when you have a new baby that hasnt slept for about 4 or 5 days. "dazed and confused" my hubby called it.
Just because you have to park in a blue bay doesn't make you any less of a person!

I am the Chair of Doncaster and District Fibromyalgia Support Group; working with FMAUK and loving it.
unigirl1981
UKFM Member

Postby pete456 » Mon May 18, 2009 10:36 am

As a neebie here im finding everything quite sureal, its as if you all know me better than i do. Its great knowing im not alone.
Thankyou all
Keep smileing all
pete456
UKFM Member

Postby TheaHolly » Tue May 19, 2009 5:06 pm

I recognise those feelings - it's almost like not firing on all cylinders - like being on a dimmer switch - I sat at the traffic lights recently and forgot to move when the lights went green - I didn't seem to care either - just like I'd switched off. Detached is a good way to put it. Thank you for everyone who'se written - it really does help to know that there are so many experiencing the same things. Best wishes to all.
TheaHolly
UKFM Newbie

Postby vikki1975 » Sun May 24, 2009 8:02 pm

Hi Guys,

Im anotherone who had this, it started for me when i was about 10/11,
for me its the out of body feeling and also when i look at things they look further away than they really are and when i look at my hands or anypart of myself its like they are alot larger than really are, its sooooooo strange, I used to think I was a nutter for feelin like this n never though anyone else had these feeling, god im pleased i found this place!!!!

Vikki
vikki1975
UKFM Member

Postby JENNY H » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:14 am

Hi
Im new to the site only recently diagnosed with FM I have had these strange feelings too
it happens more when Im driving its like I m never getting any closer to where Im heading
I can look at my speed but still feel has Im not moving I have to pullover and hope it passes
Have spent many hours in a layby and have even had to get hubby to come and get me its
very scary I have noticed I get a nauses feeling has well I have been having these funny episodes has I call them for years so nothing to do with any medicines
Jenny H :wave:
JENNY H
UKFM Newbie

Postby gillshutt » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:22 am

HI Jenny and welcome to the site ((xx))

Gill x
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems