strange feeling

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: strange feeling

Postby loubie » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:57 am

hi all :wave:

i am another that gets this strange feeling :(
sometimes wen we are out in the car (this will probably sound real weired)the trees look sooooo BIG
I know trees are big, but they just look huge!!! its so strange i even look at them as if i have never seen a tree before :oops:
my hubby just says "big tree day then" and we laugh :D
the detached feeling is scary and can feel quite sickly with it too

hope all well today
loubie x :grouphug:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby fabme » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:00 pm

I'm soo glad it's not just me, thought i was going daft, also thought it possibly due to the meds.
fab
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
fabme
UKFM Member

Postby auroura » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:30 am

Not sure if i already posted, i get this sometimes, its very strange, Its not a nice feeling, i sometimes think it could be meds, but i had this alot before i was really on many meds, so must just be how i am at times, good to know its pretty common though.
Sharon

Bad is never good until worse happens
auroura
UKFM Member

Postby sammi » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:01 pm

Hya everyone,i know i poated beforebut just like to say im having this strange feeling today real bad. Its making me feel really sick as im feeling like my left eye is in myright eye and viceversa! im sat in the room with my family nut i feel really not here at all! Even the tv is making my head spin, but when i shut my eyes i still cant escape this feeling :shock: :shock: :hugs:
The happiest people dont necesarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything that comes their way.......
sammi
UKFM Member

Postby Wacky Racky » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:21 pm

I get the feeling when i feel like im on the outside looking in as if im watching everything else happen and i feel like im not there, strange floaty kinda feeling, very weird it is and strange, but we are not a normal bunch are we, or is it us thats normal and everyone else thats nuts ?? :tongueout:
Wacky Racky
UKFM Member

Postby Angel777 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:06 pm

Yes , yes, it is a very uncomfortable feeling, the one thing I do is knit, anything ,doesn't have to be complicated, a scarf , dishcloth anything , the knitting seems to balance .
I have a friend who cross stitches . Just something practical and simple you can sit and do seems to ground you.
I expect its our neurotransmitters not connecting some where in the system !!

I also wear Hematite when I am feeling like this , it is a grounding crystal, keeps you anchored .

It is a really horrible feeling , if I am out it is much worse and I have to stop , sit , have a cuppa , then usually go home . the practical act of knitting does help me , creativity I guess might be the answer , a sort of reconnection.
Diagnosed with FM 2007 /Also have Osteoarthritis which I have had for many years .
Looking to connect with fellow FM people near me as well as making friends and having support from this forum .
Angel777
UKFM Member

Postby miajane » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:56 am

I get this feeling too, I get it quite often when I've taken tramadol but I I've also had it when I haven't taken anything I always thought it was lack of sleep.
Mia xx
'Needles on your nerve ends crawl like spiders on the skin' - Enemy within by Rush
miajane
UKFM Member

Postby dan » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:09 pm

Yes I get that to,but not so much as I used to, My Docs. say it's anxiety left over from my breakdown.

Dan.
dan
UKFM Member

Postby PhilDiggle » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:33 am

wow, you know sometimes when you think you must be mental and noone understands - until I read this I thought I was making things up.

I often get this feeling of being detached or not there. I've been over this with the Dr and he put it down to anxiety, although it never actually got confirmed. I also get migranes with it sometimes which is a bit of a downer.

When I get it I feel tired all the time, and for some reason feel as though I need to go to the toilet most of the time! Even though I go, nothing happens. When people talk to me, its as though its going in one ear and out the other. It's not intentional, I just cant focus on what people are saying. If I put any concentration into important things, it makes me feel physically sick. I feel as though I'm walking off balance when moving anyway and often find myself falling into things!

It's such a surreal feeling, something you try to explain to someone who hasn't got it and just look at you as though you're crazy.

I once went to a Walk-In Clinic because it was affecting me that much, the person I saw immediately put it down to Depression, despite me being the Happiest I've been for a long long time!
Freelance Graphics Designer, Full-Time University Student and a Novice Photographer. I like to keep myself busy!!

My Blog on dealing with not feeling normal!
PhilDiggle
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems