hay fever

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hay fever

Postby csevern » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:48 pm

hi just wondered if anyone suffers from hay fever or dust allergies or wotever it is going on with me at the moment my nose just wont stop running and my sinus' hurt and my left ear seems constantly blocked i bought sum hayfever tablets from tescos benidryl i think and i just finished antibiotics for an ear infection which cleared up the deafness for a week but after a few days of finishing them its come bk am getting tired of constantly having a wad of tissue attached to me like a third apendage and being deaf :(
thanks
carin
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit
the ground each morning the devil says,
"OH GOD, SHE'S UP"! .
csevern
UKFM Member

Re: hay fever

Postby samantha louise » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:09 pm

aw hun it could jusyt be hayfever but your ear infection could have spread to your sinuses or it could be sinusitis sp? if it doesnt clear up go to the gp hun
hugs
samantha louise
x
samantha - louise
and my two little wiggles!
xxx

fuddle off... no,... YOU fuddle off!!
samantha louise
UKFM Regular

Postby princess P » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:29 am

I also take hay fever tablets all year round. My nose is permenantly blocked or my sinuses. It could be allergic rhinititis. :?: Hope you and your bump is doing well it cant be easy having all prengnant stuff going on and having fibro. You sound like you are doing well. take care
Hi any one I have a preliminary diagnosis of chronic widespread pain syndrome, whatever that is but g.p. is convinced its F.M. Sending out good vibes to all . x
princess P
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:37 am

I have antihistamines on prescription as I suffer from allergies.. dust, feathers, rabbits (that's a new one that started recently so we had to get rid of our rabbit :( ) all sorts of plants... mainly trees so it's bad this time of year.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby motherelephant » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:04 pm

Yes the tree pollen is high early this year.
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby csevern » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:57 pm

we do have a fair few pets including a long haired german sheperd who malts all over the place im so fed up with my ose streaming all the time i end up with a red nose and painful cheeks where im constantly using tissues
"OH GOD, SHE'S UP"! .
csevern
UKFM Member

Postby samantha louise » Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:46 pm

aw hun it always mkes you miserable whren you have a blocked nose doesnt it!! it does me anyway
samantha - louise
xxx

samantha louise
UKFM Regular

Postby csevern » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:07 pm

i wldnt mind if it was blocked lol its not its streaming all the time i swear im working thru a rainforest :?
"OH GOD, SHE'S UP"! .
csevern
UKFM Member

Postby samantha louise » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:18 pm

oh yeah!! sorry hun fibro fog!!
samantha - louise
xxx

samantha louise
UKFM Regular

Postby gillshutt » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:03 am

My tablets dry my eyes etc so I don't get a streaming anything with hayfever now... my eyes get dryer and the sneezing/nose blowing causes nose bleeds :( I just can't win :lol:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby samantha louise » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:02 am

aw Gill that doesnt sound nice. i ave dry eyes but not he heyfever or nosebleeds
samantha - louise
xxx

samantha louise
UKFM Regular

Postby groovy_chick » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:58 am

me too :( my eyes feel like they have been sandpapered and my nose is sooo stuffed (with nothing) that's it's affecting my hearing on that side SIGH My GP did a stint at ENT clinic and he recommended to use hypertonic saline solution to squirt up the nose (you can get them from the chemist), blow the nose well and then squirt beconase. He said to use the saline spray everyday to get rid of the swelling causing congestion/streaming and only use beconase when the symptoms get bad. My nose tends to bleed when I use steroid sprays a lot but he said this was because the spray dries out the mucosal lining and using saline solution prior to spray will prevent this.
As for eyes, I sometimes use the Opticrom eye drops (when I remember :roll: ) otherwise just grit and bear it BOOM BOOM :oops:
Nuts on the road! nim nim nim
groovy_chick
UKFM Member

Postby csevern » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:25 pm

have just been back to the dr's and saw the triage nurse again shes given me another course of antibiotics and a nasal spray she also told me to use antihistimines as i have been and said if no better when the course finishes to go back and see the dr at my surgery if u need seeing on the day u have to go to the triage but she told me to tell the receptionist i need to see dr next time the receptionists r pretty good there but they dont like deviating from the book so we will see if i manage to get in lol fingers crossed it works this time :shock:
"OH GOD, SHE'S UP"! .
csevern
UKFM Member

Postby samantha louise » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:24 pm

good luck hun hope it works and you satrt to feelbetter
gentle hugs
samantha - louise
xxx

samantha louise
UKFM Regular

Postby Pippat » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:20 pm

I have only had FM for a few years but started suffering with hayfever about the same time, I had never thought about it being connected. I also get a skin allergy if I touch fir trees.
Pippat
UKFM Newbie

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems