What came first chicken or egg?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

What came first chicken or egg?

Postby princess P » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:14 pm

For the first 5 years of my illness i have had to fight to prove that i am not ill because i am depressed i became depressed after i became ill and was at my worst. :x it is a constant struggle both with the illness and the healthcare professionals who we are supposed to be putting our trust in. Things are not allways black and white, there are so many diferant shades of gray out there. When i get depressed i feel desperate, but i don't know what I am desperste for, its like i am screaming but no one can hear me but myself, or I am falling but never reaching anywhare. I am lucky that I can talk to my friends and know that its not going to be like this forever. Its ok to have bad days and slowly the good days will out weigh the bad and there will be some sence of peace and control. People should not be labled or put in a box because they have a horrible illness which depleates their quality of life and can leave them feeling down. Any one else had this experiance before?
Hi any one I have a preliminary diagnosis of chronic widespread pain syndrome, whatever that is but g.p. is convinced its F.M. Sending out good vibes to all . x
princess P
UKFM Member

Re: What came first chicken or egg?

Postby Carrieanne » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:30 pm

Yes i feel like that most days
Carrie
Carrieanne
UKFM Member

Postby auroura » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:28 pm

Oh yes sweetie, i STILL struggle with the whole concept of depression, if its caused or helped lead to Fibro or if the fibro itself causes the depression, all i know is when GP says to me, do you know what causes your depression, i say, YES, feeling like s*** all the time, being in pain all the time is enough to make ANYONE depressed, but still they look at you gone out. I have had tablets for depression off and on for 10 years, but have had symptoms of fibro and ME since i was 13, looking back i dont EVER remember being healthy, even before that i had alot probs with infections etc.

I feel at this time my depression is even worse, i have alot going on and i dont know how to cope. My aunt is dying (only has few days left to live) my partner and i are still having problems (difficult to sort when living apart all week, when hes here he sleeps and does NOTHING in the house, so i think atm whats the bloody point?) my sons going on holiday, i have no money the list goes on and on, i feel like i am heading for a breakdown. I am screaming inside no one hears, if i didnt have my children i wouldnt be here.

This is a cruel illness, yes i know it doesnt cause permenant damage to organs, or joints BUT the damage done to us socially, physically and mentally is unbelievable, and STILL there are so called educated people who still say its in our heads.

sorry for waffling, dont know what came over me.

Maybe the physio and CBT i have been referred to might help, i will try anything atm.
Sharon

Bad is never good until worse happens
auroura
UKFM Member

Postby princess P » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:26 pm

This is s*** and bad things happen to good people, but hope reigns resililiant even if our bodies don't. There are loads who understand and no matter how bad you feel, with this forum you are never alone :)
Hi any one I have a preliminary diagnosis of chronic widespread pain syndrome, whatever that is but g.p. is convinced its F.M. Sending out good vibes to all . x
princess P
UKFM Member

Postby welshflower » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:43 pm

Hi Girlies

This is my first day beloning to this forum and I cant believe that everything I feel is being said without me having to say a word....you r all saying it for me. Chins up and may tomoro b a better day :)
welshflower
UKFM Newbie

Postby Withane » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:48 am

Hi All

This is the first day that I have been "approved" to use this site = and it's been a life line just reading that I am not mad, imagining things or alone with this.

I feel a fraud a lot of the time, yet when I am wiped out and in pain that I didn't know could exist I KNOW this isn't all in my mind.

The worry about not knowing how to manage the pain and symptoms - coupled with anger at the medical profession for treating my individual symptoms for year and not joining all the dots together - added to pressure from my workplace to be at work - I feel truly "Stuck".

If anyone has advice for juggling acceptance of this condition, management of this condition with others expectations to be carrying on as "normal" - I would be indebted to hear from you.

Thanks for helping me stay sane (ish)

Withane x
Moving into acceptance about having FM - but that doesn't mean I like it!
Withane
UKFM Member

Postby princess P » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:14 am

I know how hard it is when your partner does not understand either about your illness or feelings, its hard to be loving whena hug can leave you in agony. Its not easy having to divide your time, when you feel like pants most of the time. Its a constant jugling act unfortunatlly for me i keep dropping some :lol: You can only do as much as you feel you can do, learn to like yourself more and to stick up for yourself if the relationship isnt working is it worth it :?:
God i wish i could take my own advice, but I could do with a big injection of bravery in my backside.
It seems like more hassle to get out than to stay in. :)
princess P
UKFM Member

Postby nikks » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:40 pm

I am having a really bad day . so tearful feeling so sorry for myself. I have pain in my hands when I try and grip anything, pains in head ,soles of feet, knees ......... I don't need to go on all here know exactly. That was a great description of how I feel (screaming inside). Just want to stay in bed every day all day, I can,t i have 2 girls they need me and everything is an effort . I just longto feel happy and content. Just feel so hopless.. :(
nikks
UKFM Newbie

Postby princess P » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:09 pm

Hey nikks i know what you mean, i have 3 girls who need me,and am training to be a nurse, i just hope i can make it through the course. Ive got a year and a half yet to go but i just want to go to bed and sleep, everything is such a stuggle. You are not alone. :hugs:
Just got to hold the thought of breakfast in bed, do what you can when you can and do your best in situations like having fibro its best to concentrate on things we can do rather than dwell on things we cannot yet manage :dunno:
princess P
UKFM Member

Postby nikks » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:42 am

:wave: Hi ,

A better day went back to work in agony all day . Home now and have tried to chill and do nothing,I hope you had a better day. I think its brilliant youre training to be a nurse bringing upthree girls and coping with all the symptoms :) I take my hat off to you .

Started taking fortodol (a natural product) today to help with pain will keep you posted if i think its working.

Well off to bed now for me . :sleep:
Nite nite

Nikks
nikks
UKFM Newbie

Postby princess P » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:35 pm

What is it for? let me know how you get on with it, Hope you are feeling less stressed, its not easy when you have a grey day it seems hard to look forward but i am glad you are feeling less like pulling your hair out, although i feel like that most days between tryin to play referee with my girls the baby is nearly 3 and can flatten the 5 year old. :nono:
princess P
UKFM Member

Postby nikks » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:35 pm

Hi again,

They are for pain and an anti inflammatry am also taking (just recently) cipralex and amtripline

def feeling a bit better .Pain isnt as bad , less stressed even though my daughter is suffering

from bowel problem and my oldest daughter 14 has a learning disability and are both off for

Easter for 2 weeks.

Have you taken any of these medications or what helps you?

Happy Easter :easteregg:
nikks
UKFM Newbie

Postby princess P » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:20 am

Hi happy easter :wave: I usually take tramadol 400mg per day, arthrotec 75 2 per day, pregabalin (lyrica) 600mg, antihistimine, omeprazole 40mg perday, doxycycline (an antibiotic for my skin), noratrityline, diazipam at night mostly and co-codamol 30/00 up to four times a day for breakthrough pain. I should b rattling its my last chance cocktail of drugs and if the pain does not improve i will have to step up the painrelief ladder. I just want to hold on enough to finish my course, I need to cos its my dream. Ive bn up since 5 this morning woke up with severe pain in my knees and ankles. :cry:
What can you do? anyway at least i have an excuse to eat chocolate today!!!!
This computer is playing up on me today :pcsmash: :evil:
princess P
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems