was wondering do you get forgetful.

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

was wondering do you get forgetful.

Postby hudson » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:57 pm

I was wondering if any body else gets very forgetful or confused. ( i call it fybro fog). I also feel like i am living in a dream sometimes...

Could this due to tiredness or something else?

Hudson :?
hudson
UKFM Member

Re: was wondering do you get forgetful.

Postby lynne » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:19 pm

Hiya,had to reply to this,forgetful is my middle name !!Been talking at work today about this subject.I read in a book that we should not put all our symtoms down to fm so i am thinking maybe i should go and have a chat with gp.I can be talking and half way thru a sentence i forget what i'm talking about ! As for the "outside lookin in " thats normal for me.

Take care,chin up
Lynne x :roll:
somedays are better than others but my smile stays the same.
lynne
UKFM Member

Postby velvet » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:31 pm

sounds like fibro fog to me - i can be in the middle of a sentance and forget a word i used 30 seconds before - its not even "on the tip of my tongue" its like someone has been inside my head and "stolen" it - its just not there. which word or words it is changes all the time - like a variable swiss cheese of holes the words disappear into.
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby motherelephant » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:04 am

Yes its fibro fog ,sorry forgot what i was going to say haha no seriously its part of the fibro a note pad for lists is useful thats if you remember where you have put it.motherelle.x
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby LinzWorld » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:06 am

Tiredness and nonrestorative sleep will have an impact on this but it seems to be down to the changes that occur in our brains - blood flow changes, neurotransmitter levels drop (including the very important dopamine) and the hippocampus, which deals with memory formation as well as pain perception is significantly affected.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby gillshutt » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:16 am

I think we all get this to some degee. I was tested for dementia as I once came out of my local post office and didn't know where the hell I was... didn't recognise anywhere :shock: That and names, what I'm doing, where I'm going (once nearly took the kids dhopping instead of to school :lol: and none of them said a word when I was going the wrong way :evil: )

I tested above average for everything dementia wise so I would say don't worry about it it's normal for fibro but it is worrying when it happens. I try to write important stuff down... big calendar in the kitchen with big spaces for writing appointments/birthdays/school trips etc. I also tell everyone to remind me of things... the more people I tell the more likely I am to remember myself. My youngest (6) acts as my short term memory for little things like take your purse/scarf, park the car this way round as you have to go to so and so first.

It does get you down but at least we have an excuse and know we aren't going mad.

Gill x
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby shrimp » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:32 pm

sorry what was the question ?? :lol: :lol:

yes i do get very forgetful - my partner noticed it before me and i started to get very dipsy as well - then sentences would be said round the wrong way - partner said i was doing it at least a year ago - when words do come out wrong sometimes i do realise afterwards.....i was diagnosed in feb this year and didnt mention it to rheumy at the time cos i thought it was PK;s doing it - i just think its exhaustion and maybe brain thinking quicker than we speak so words come out wrong - or other way round........
but to answer your question - yes i am very forgetful and for me thats really sad - one of my greatest assets at work was my memory......cant remember for toffee these days.....

shrimp xx
I like to make people laugh xxx
shrimp
UKFM Member

Postby Beanie.J » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:02 am

velvet wrote:sounds like fibro fog to me - i can be in the middle of a sentance and forget a word i used 30 seconds before - its not even "on the tip of my tongue" its like someone has been inside my head and "stolen" it - its just not there. which word or words it is changes all the time - like a variable swiss cheese of holes the words disappear into.

This is the one thing that annoys me about having Fibro more than anything else because it makes me feel so damned stupid...
Beanie.J
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:12 am

I find that bit worse when I'm on the phone to someone :shock: really embarrasing as it's never someone I know but it would take so long to explain and I just feel such an idiot :(
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby hudson » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:43 pm

Oh I am glad it's nots just me.

I had a conversaion with someone on the phone once and then thought i was talking to some else and started a new conversaion, they didn't have a clus what i was talking about. I have ust been put on new medication GU********, can't remember the name but it seems to help with the pains a bit.

thanks for talking and letting me know i am normal...

hudson
hudson
UKFM Member

Postby princess P » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:29 am

Thesedays i dont even seem to remember what day it is. I stop in midsentence and fish for the next word in side my brain. But those who know me understand :oops: but i forget everything so i try to write it down if i go shopping i usually forget my list :oops:
Hi any one I have a preliminary diagnosis of chronic widespread pain syndrome, whatever that is but g.p. is convinced its F.M. Sending out good vibes to all . x
princess P
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:13 pm

hi
I went to see my doc yest for a number of things.
I told my GP that my memory has got really bad, i keep forgetting things, getting my letters mixed up when writing, forget what i am saying when having a chat. i told him i was getting very worried about it.
He said it was all down to the high meds i am taking..
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby starmerd » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:44 am

princess P wrote:Thesedays i dont even seem to remember what day it is. I stop in midsentence and fish for the next word in side my brain. But those who know me understand :oops: but i forget everything so i try to write it down if i go shopping i usually forget my list :oops:

Sounds very familiar to me - I often have to stop and think about the days. I have lists everywhere - and even then I forget to look at them and take them with me when shopping!! Mind you, I ended up in hospital after a couple of mini strokes and ended up having an MRI brain scan which showed the arteries in my neck were getting a bit too furred up, so extra medication there. I know this has quite a bit to do with my memory loss, but honestly I've been like it for about 20 years. :idea:
starmerd
UKFM Newbie

Postby motherelephant » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:40 pm

Well Shazq i dont take any meds and i still suffer from all the above.motherelle.x :banghead:
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby pete456 » Mon May 18, 2009 10:30 am

thank god ......i thought i was going daft. the wife keeps telling me off for forgeting what we are talking about mid conversation. lol oh well viva le fibro fog lol :lol: :lol: :sleep: :banghead: :lol:
Keep smileing all
pete456
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems