depressed

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

depressed

Postby smoky » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:12 am

Woke up feeling that sinking feeling this morning; had a VERY stressful week; my stepdad had major surgery last fri and nearly died twice in the days following although he is on the road to recovery now; at the same time my mum was supposed to get results for tests for bowel cancer yesterday but has put it on hold till she returns home with my step dad; this is the 4th stage of testing so is likely to be something nasty if not cancer so I cannot understand her waiting.
She is bipolar and has been very 'difficult 'due to her reaction to this scenario; my hubbys mum died of bowel cancer so he is stressed up to the eyeballs and so finally unsurprisingly i have dipped into depression today: As I am on fluoxetine it isunlikely to be a bad dip but it is soo frustrating; I can feel my shoulders up around my ears; my IBS has returned, I am not sleeping and am twitching all over and my hands are sore again;
I know noone can actually do anything but i just needed to get t his off my chest... :oops:
smoky
UKFM Member

Re: depressed

Postby anne1206 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:35 am

Hi,Smoky
So sorry for all the woes you are dealing with just now, we all know that stress makes our fibro worse and makes us feel depressed, but uou are dealing with a lot of things at the same time. I hope the outcome is good for all concerned, so much for the phrase "nobody is sent more than they can deal with" :cry: some of seem to get sent more than our fair share eh,
sorry cant be of any help but just wanted you to know someone is thinking about you
Take Care,Anne
durate et vosmet rebus servate secundis///>Carry on and preserve yourselves for better times
anne1206
UKFM Member

Postby samantha louise » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:32 pm

sorrry i cant help hun but i didnt want to read and run
gentle hugs
samantha - louise
and my two little wiggles!
xxx

fuddle off... no,... YOU fuddle off!!
samantha louise
UKFM Regular

Postby auroura » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:43 pm

no wonder your down and stressed, i hope things may improve even if only a little for you very soon. Big hugs
Sharon

Bad is never good until worse happens
auroura
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:39 pm

hi smoky
really sorry to hear you are having so many problems going on in your life, its no wonder that you feel depressed.
i hope things get better for you, as you know fibro gets worse with stress.
if it helps you to have a rant then you go for it, we don't mind.
hope your family make a speedy recovery.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby motherelephant » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:34 pm

Hello Smokey im so sorry you are having such a difficult time .Hang in there ,keep posative about your mom ,I hope everything turns out the way you are hoping .Big Big cottonwool hugs.xxxmotherelle.xxxx
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby smoky » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:39 am

thx for all your kind words;
Had a good night sleep for the first time in ages last night and thus feel quite a bit better today
:)
smoky
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:07 am

Hugs Smokey.. not much I can do to help which is frustrating but we are always here for you if you need to chat or scream or just off load stuff (((xxx)))

Gill x
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby princess » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:24 pm

Depression and feeling down is so normal for this illness.
I am usually upbeat and try and have the 1/2 full attitude to life, but you know i even had low days before i found i had the lung infection.
So sorry for everyone having a bad day or week.
Things can only improve.
fiona
x
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby smoky » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:19 am

much better start to the week :D
step dad back home and on the road to recovery, mum's tests came back negative and I have just had a cancellation for my first lesson at work for which i now get paid to do nothing :lol:
how quickly htings can change your mood
smoky
UKFM Member

Postby auroura » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:35 am

Really glad things are better Smoky, take care hun.
Sharon

Bad is never good until worse happens
auroura
UKFM Member

Postby samantha louise » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:58 pm

yay for smoky lets hope it continues
samantha - louise
and my two little wiggles!
xxx

fuddle off... no,... YOU fuddle off!!
samantha louise
UKFM Regular

Postby smoky » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:54 pm

THX EVERYONE.Feeling much better now; even better as it is 23°C here today. A bit tired though as we have visitors and so hubby and and shared a bed last night; he breathed too loudly ( has promised not to tonight :D ) and I twitched so badly he has said he needs to wear a box to bed tonight!!
oh well :mrgreen:
smoky
UKFM Member

Postby motherelephant » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:09 pm

Oh Smoky really happy to hear things have brightened up for you.Fingers crossed it continues.Nice and snug in a single bed ahhhhh thats nice. motherelle.xxx
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems