Pain and stiffness in the ankles

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Pain and stiffness in the ankles

Postby Angel777 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:10 pm

I have recently developed this , my ankles have started to be quite painful and ache too, nothing seems to be a serious problem just all to do with having Fibro and O arthritis . One especially seems to get really painful and stiff after any walking . My theory is its the muscles again not able to support the bones.
Anyone else get this? also have had an increase is general fibro pains .
Angel
Diagnosed with FM 2007 /Also have Osteoarthritis which I have had for many years .
Looking to connect with fellow FM people near me as well as making friends and having support from this forum .
Angel777
UKFM Member

Re: Pain and stiffness in the ankles

Postby cat123 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:19 am

Yes i have this too,i feel like my ankles belong to someone else! i often go over on my ankles,without warning,i try to aviod it by wearing ankle boots.I must admit it doesant happen that often these days,due to walking a bit slower.I too have arthritus,feet ,ankles hips ,spine,neck........cat123
cat123
UKFM Member

Postby Carrieanne » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:52 pm

My left ankle is really uncomfortable at the moment and i get the odd pain in my right one too.
Carrie
Carrieanne
UKFM Member

Postby motherelephant » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:18 pm

Yesterday i nearly fell down the stairs as my left ankle gave way ,it's usually the right one.motherelle.xx
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby lizfin » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:19 pm

Hi angela my ankles always feel sore and its my left one that causes me the most pain xxxxxxx
lizfin
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:09 pm

I get lots of pain in my ankles as well.
I feel it more when i have been walking for a bit, i start to limp as they are so painful.
I have started to use my walking stick now if i know i am going to be walking.
Last time i saw my rheumy he checked them to see if i had arthritis...lucky i did not.
hope your pain eases soon.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby shrimp » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:20 pm

hi, yep my feet give me lots of problems - especially my right foot - by the ankle and the top of the foot and down the outer edge, really hurts to walk and hobble on it.....had it 5 days solid last week and then it went.........for a day............and came back again......my toes also hurt and my toes on left foot been hurting today...cant even use walking stick cos got really weak crampy hands !!!
my main fibro problems seem to be feet and hand problems...do get neck/back/shoulder pains and headaches, pins and needles and feel like my arms have been punched and some days my hands and feet feel as big as an elephants but they are just normal size...!!!!..

shrimp xxx
I like to make people laugh xxx
shrimp
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems