piller to post?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

piller to post?

Postby princess P » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:15 am

Does anyone here feel like they are been past from piller to post. Its mad my g.p. is convinced that i have fibro. the first rhumey didn't even examine me before he told me it is all in your head. Went bac to g.p. who was horrified i had had such a bad experiance. I asked for a second opinion, the rhumey i then saw agreed that i had hypermobility in joints and wrote on my notes chronic widespread :| pain syndrome. She passed me on then to physio for my neck some ultresound therepy and slight manipulation, and also to the pain clinic. In the meantime i had to get my tramadol doubled to 400mg a day. The physio said she was'nt happy to do manipulation as i was so sore and had been doing accupressure and has just sent me away with a tens machine. :arrow: went to pain clinic the doc there put me on noratriptiline, (cos i allready tried amnatriptiline) as this is last resort before moving up the ladder to morphine ect, was ment to see rhumy last month still waiting :!: . I just do not know where i am at?
Does anyone else have this problem? :wink:
Hi any one I have a preliminary diagnosis of chronic widespread pain syndrome, whatever that is but g.p. is convinced its F.M. Sending out good vibes to all . x
princess P
UKFM Member

Re: piller to post?

Postby LinzWorld » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:20 am

Yes, I used to have that problem (especially with consultants who don't know a darn thign about treating Fibro - there are so many more options! :shock: ). It's why I started seeing Prof Davies.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby cat123 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:23 am

hi linzs,does professer davies have any clinics in the north.? cat123
cat123
UKFM Member

Postby LinzWorld » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:36 am

Unfortunately not.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby taz1 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:59 am

I too have been pushed from pillar to post for the last 4 years. I've had all the blood tests repeated a number of times and have had 2 MRI scans, a CAT scan. Finally, my GP has referred me to a general physician. It was through my own persistence that I have got to this stage. I knew that there was something wrong with me, but trying to get professionals on my side has been a nightmare. I am still waiting for a date to see the physician, but there is some light at the end of the tunnel. xx
taz1
UKFM Member

Postby LinzWorld » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:15 am

Could you explain the difference between a general practitioner who is a physician (ie a GP) and a general physician? I've never heard that term before.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby taz1 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:34 am

Hiya
Dont really know to be honest. I though they were the same. My GP mentioned it and that is who she has referred me to in the hospital. I am a little confused myself!! :? :? I thought I would be seeing a consultant but no she told me general physician. When I find out I will let you know.
Sorry I can't be of much help to you and not able to answer your question!!!!!!!!!!
taz
taz1
UKFM Member

Postby LinzWorld » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:50 pm

Found this online:

The Consultant General Physician is a doctor who deals a wide range of medical conditions. He is likely to have an area of special interest such as respiratory medicine or endocrinology or cardiology, as well as caring for patients with general medical problems.

So I guess the consultant bit is the important bit. Not sure why they would know about Fibro though!
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby Corinne » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:56 pm

From that description I suppose they may be a consultant who is willing to look at the whole picture rather than each individual problem, so thats probably a good thing.

Good luck with it all.

Corinne x
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Corinne
UKFM Member

Postby auroura » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:02 pm

I am under a General Medicine Consultant at Newark Hospital, he was first Consultant I was referred to, I was sent to him as an emergency and his appointment was alot quicker than seeing someone at Lincoln. First time I saw him he told me whatever my problem was he didnt think it would be a short term thing, and he also stated he thought I had some kind of auto immune problem and explained that it can take 7 years for antibodies to show up in all the different kinds of blood tests, and although patients obviously are ill all you could do was treat symptoms while you have them not necessarily that you have a NAME for your illness, sounds a bit familiar doesn't it?

I saw him after 11 months, it should have been after 6 but my appointment kept being put back :( , in the meantime GP referred me to Rheumy, been there 3 times, i am now awaiting physio appointments, and CBT referral.
Sharon

Bad is never good until worse happens
auroura
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems