mirgraines

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

mirgraines

Postby shazq » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:04 pm

I have been having really bad migraines again, my GP put me on a prevention med to try to get them under control.
I am still getting migraines despite taking them for 5 weeks.
Went to see doc yesterday to sort them, he has given me another med now, i have already tried them before but he wants to give them another try...
I have had a really bad couple of days, what with the crohns, migraines, being sick, constipated, and every part of my body hurts.
Just feel everything is attacking me at the same time, no wonder i get depression as well.
Had my B12 injection today, that might give me a bit of a boost.
I feel my fibro is getting worse. :(
think i need a break.....
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Re: mirgraines

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:47 pm

Hi

Has the GP said why your suffering from these awful migrains? FM related?...

Hope you feel better soon ((xx))
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby motherelephant » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:57 pm

I get them as well but think its from my neck.I wake up with them.Usually get about 4 a week more if im stressed.
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:09 pm

I also get migrains from the stiffness of my neck plus TMJ

I have regular physio to help these symptoms but there very troublesum and i get alot of pounding from standing or suddenly moving...
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby LinzWorld » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:52 pm

Could myofascial issues be a problem? They can cause increased pain levels plus migraines (and I find that those migraines respond least well to the preventative meds).
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:47 pm

*Lisa* wrote:Hi

Has the GP said why your suffering from these awful migrains? FM related?...

Hope you feel better soon ((xx))

hi Lisa
I had a spate of migraines a few yrs back, my gp sent me to see a nero surgeon, i had a brain scan that came back ok. they then said it could be my meds causing them, i was on a few different types of painkillers, they weaned me of some, but they have come back again.
I cant go a week without them, some last for 3 to 4 days at a time, i am also sick so have anti sickness tabs.
All my meds are different from the last lot.
I am not under any stress, i am not able to work so no stress there. i have not changed food, so really dont know what is causing them.My GP said it could be the meds again.
I just have to lay down with them, i have to keep my head as still as poss.
This has been going on for about 4 to 5 months now.
It`s really get me down now.
not sure if its fibro, as i was not dx as fibro until late 08.
If it is common to get migraines with fibro then i guess it might be linked, as i have had fibro symptoms for a few yrs..
Got to see the rheumy on Friday, will ask his advice.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby auroura » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:58 pm

My migraines come from my neck also. I used to have them several times a week from the age of 13, luckily now i get one or two a year but I end up with visual problems lasting a week or so afterwards and i feel very ill for about 2 weeks beforehand. You really heve my sympathy, migraines suck :(
Sharon

Bad is never good until worse happens
auroura
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:11 pm

I have had a good day today, migraine wise, its such a great feeling getting up with a clear head.
Had B12 injection yesterday so not sure if that has anything to do with it.
Yrs ago i was getting loads of migraines, the GP who i saw then took blood tests, every time they came back they showed i was anemic, he would put me on iron tablets for a few weeks, then as soon as i got more migraines he took more bloods and the same kept happening.
I was told i was losing lots of my iron through my periods.(was getting them 3 weekly).
I was sent to see a gyn who gave me a scan, that came back showing i had fibroids. i was told i needed a hysterectomy.
5 weeks later i was taken in and had it done.
Up until the last 8 months i have been clear of migraines.
My last bloods showed low vit B12 so it could be connected to that, not really sure, i have to have more bloods taken in 8 weeks so will see how i go.
If there is a connection then everyone else suffering with mirgraines should ask their gp to test bloods for B12
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:43 pm

think i spoke to soon, got the headache, waiting for it to turn to a mirgraine.. :(
going off to bed to rest my head.
got app with rheumy tomorrow, see if he can help.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems