A number of associated conditions...

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

A number of associated conditions...

Postby sbutler860 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:28 am

Hello,

I looked down the list of topics here and thought, "I have that!" "Oh, I have that too," "And that" etc etc. Basically, I suffer on a regular basis from IBS, food allergies such as lactose, wheat, gluten, caffeine and other dairy products. I also suffer migraines, which can be triggered by stress, food such as chicken, chocolate, coke and cheese, lighting conditions and depression. I was in Australia once and spent half the time I was in that country, about 3 days, in bed with a migraine. Oh, and I suffer from depression, big time. I also have the old Restless Leg Syndrome, which actually makes my legs feel rotten, even though I can't seem to stop doing it.

As well as all that, I have swollen hands and ankles, a tendency to swing from cold to hot and back again, sweats (mostly at night) and trembling.
sbutler860
UKFM Newbie

Re: A number of associated conditions...

Postby LinzWorld » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:29 am

Fun, ain't it? :wink:

The good thing is, if you do manage to get some control over the Fibro, everything seems to improve.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby lynne » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:00 am

Hiya.Read,read and read up about fibro.I have sent for loads of books. However,this site contains all of the answers on just about everything you could ever want to know !

Lynne
somedays are better than others but my smile stays the same.
lynne
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:07 am

Hi

Have a read here http://www.fibromyalgia-symptoms.org/fi ... ia_ac.html

I also have alot of assosiated conditions :roll:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby shazq » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:26 pm

the one thing i am getting to learn about fibro is there are so many associations that come with it.
i think every part of my body is affected.
If i get a new pain i tend to think oh it will go, then i come on here and read someone else is suffering with the same thing.
never under estimate the force of fibro.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby motherelephant » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:15 pm

But on the other hand dont dismiss things too lightly ,not everything is fibro you have to be aware that we can get other things as well which are not fibro related. motherelle.x
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby sbutler860 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:37 pm

Many thanks to all for your kind and informative replies. Indeed it does seem that Fibromyalgia does come with a huge number of free gifts. Tonight I have this feeling that I have glandular fever, with all the glands around my jaw, my throat and neck all feeling as though they are swollen up and painful. (But they don't look it.) And my body feels like I am coming down with the flu. It feels like I have been broadsided by a bus. What fun.

The sad thing in our house at the minute is that, although my wife tries to get me to put a positive spin on things, it is a little difficult when you are in the eye of the storm, so to speak. There has been little improvement in my condition since January and these little associated conditions, these side-salads if you like, are getting worse, and more common.

Cheers,
Stephen
sbutler860
UKFM Newbie

Postby fibro-lu » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:08 pm

hi Stephen :wave:

I am lactose intolerant ( and gluten bla bla)
and always surprised when i notice that another of those (my) quirks is also related to fibro ...

I got lactose free amitriptilin in a liquid form :wine: (not that kind :nono: )

but can't get lactose free gabapentin :?

do you? or anybody else on the formum?

thanks
lu

:wave:
Happy and Healthy New Year
Last edited by fibro-lu on Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby m2kl » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:43 pm

I too have a number of free gifts and after joining this forum i have learnt they are all related.

I suffer IBS, Raynauds, Endometriosis, CFS and i am becoming more and more concerned about my joints so maybe something else brewing.

xx
m2kl
UKFM Member

Postby fabme » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:59 pm

It's geat isn't it how long the list can get and I sometimes feel it's buy one give 5 free :D it's unbelievable the 'extras' that go with it

fab
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
fabme
UKFM Member

Postby fibro-lu » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:31 pm

before the dx I thought I had 25 (or so, didn't count them) unrelated different things
in 10 min with GP you can only talk max about two

got meds for this that and the other

ami gives me dry mouth
last time GP took dry mouth as sign of being anxious :?
( and I was so confused at that time that I actually agreed with him :nono: )
well he has only ten min with me and he is human too

sometimes I think I can't differenciate between fibro and med's side effects

thinking now, with the knowledge gained over the past etc
maybe to detox very slowly (in cooperation with GP) from all the meds
and start from the beginning

Happy and Healthier New Year
:wave:

lu
Last edited by fibro-lu on Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:06 am

Hi Lulu sometimes its easier to write everything down and hand it to the GP that way he /she can read it without interuption and question you as and when they need to (hope this makes sense very foggy this morning) it means they can see all your symptoms together even if they read it and ask you to make nother appointment to discuss it all any how :goodluck1: with your detox :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby fibro-lu » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:49 pm

thank you denys

you made a lot of sense :idea:
usually I take some notes with me
for my own good to stay focused 8)

with the detox it's like taking control
instead of being controlled by :dunno:

thank you for being there
:blowkiss:
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby patsy57 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:35 pm

hi happy new year to everybody i wondered if anyone could help me had fm for many years but 3 years ago dx i have to go for yet another medical 54 years old only stopped working 2 years ago said they couldn't pay me sick pay because i have been self employed i get 10p a week which puts my stamp on i feel life is very hard at the mo pain unbearable can't use comp for very long because of pain i feel so angry that yet again another medical for what 10p feel like life not worth living why do i bother getting up on a morning I am not unemployable lots of skills but can't do them because of pain i had my own salon for 7 years i could earn £150 plus a day had to give up becauseof my stupid hands milk intolerant, ibs, bladder problems but the pain just gets me down can't remember things frightened of everything daren't go to supermarket for gods sake driving is a nightmare just useless don't see my friends because i don't want to can't even be bothered to wash or brush my hair where do i go from here
patsy57
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:52 pm

Hi Patsy

Sorry to hear you are finding things hard, there is so much to get your head around, i cant see your point 10p, wow bloody wee. :evil:
Have you tried for DLA? you can get CAB to help fill in the forms with you.

I thing you need to see your GP and let them know you are feeling low, not sure if you are on any meds but if not then they can help you with some antidepressants, most of us all go through depression because fibro is so life changing, there are so many symptoms and everything seems to hit us at once.

any questions just ask. :hugs: :flowers:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Next

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems