Jerking and twitching legs

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Jerking and twitching legs

Postby sammi » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:05 pm

Sorry if this has been a thread before. What is this my legs keep sort of jerking out when i am nodding off. It feels like that feeling when you are asleep but are falling and you suddenly wake up but it hurts my legs then they start sort of twitching this has just started happening over the last couple of months. Does any one else have this??? thanks Sammi :D
The happiest people dont necesarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything that comes their way.......
sammi
UKFM Member

Re: Jerking and twitching legs

Postby MCT » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:42 pm

You'll probably find that most of us on the forum have episodes like that.

I've had a full body one where I swear I was airborne for a split second :shock: I also get them during the day and get them in my arms, back, neck etc - must look a right sight when I'm in full flow. :crazy:
http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/FMClinics/

My get up and go just got up and went!!!

As you slide down the bannister of life, may all the splinters be facing in the right direction :)
MCT
UKFM Member

Postby mrstomo » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:28 pm

Hi,

I get this a lot as well my whole body twitches and it feels like im falling when im resting and when im asleep, it often wakes me and hubby when i do it. the DR put me on roprinarol (i think) for a bit but i didn't feel it helped so now just take 20mg of amitriptaline of a night time which helps a little but it hasn't stopped it.

As was said by the posterbefore me it does seem to be a very common side affect of FM :) x
mrstomo
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:10 pm

I tend to get it when i am tired or just starting to drop off, i get it mainly in my legs, some times it does feel like my whole body is lifted in the air then just drops and wakes me, that's a strange feeling.
My OH gets it really bad, his whole body jerks, even his face muscles jerk.
he has even knocked his laptop of his lap, dropped cups, drops his fork when eating...he is worse then a kid for dropping food down his top..lol. :dunno:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Elsbeth » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:50 pm

my dear lord, how do you cope with 20mg of Ami. I am on 10 for migranes and I am asleep for 12 hours straight and am groggy in the day.
Elsbeth
UKFM Member

Postby Lilliemae » Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:08 pm

hey,

i get it too... :( i can also twitch when i am awake which is very uncomfortable.

wish i could get away with 10mg of amitriptyline, i am on 30mg a night after my GP reduced my dose because i was unable to sleep at night but doped up all day!! :D

Lillie
Sometimes you are the bug and sometimes you are the windscreen....
Lilliemae
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:21 pm

I can twitch anytime - but i actually jump when i am nodding off - very annoying if you are sharing the bed.
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby sammi » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:58 pm

Yeah princess thats what it feels like that you are jumping, But when you (land) it shudders all your body and hurts ehrn in a bad flare. Im on 35mg of amy a night still dont get a full nights kip though :(
The happiest people dont necesarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything that comes their way.......
sammi
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems