[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - swallowing

swallowing

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

swallowing

Postby lynne » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:29 pm

Does anyone have difficulty swallowing sometimes.It puts me off eating.

Lynne x
lynne
UKFM Member

Re: swallowing

Postby anne1206 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:07 pm

Hi Lynne, yes I have this and its wuite scary :shock: mentioned it to doc on last visit and guess what :roll: "another sympton of fibro after all you use muscles to swallow" then goes on to say dont panic when it happens as that makes it worse :evil: easier said than done so afraid just another one for the list.
Take Care, Anne
durate et vosmet rebus servate secundis///>Carry on and preserve yourselves for better times
anne1206
UKFM Member

Postby samantha louise » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:10 pm

im glad you all said that i was panicking thinking it was me :wave:
samantha - louise
and my two little wiggles!
xxx

fuddle off... no,... YOU fuddle off!!
samantha louise
UKFM Regular

Postby lynne » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:19 pm

Thanks for reply,it was frightening the first time,happened again today.Hope i'll be ok with my easter eggs !!

Lynne x
lynne
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:39 pm

i get it every so often, it feels like your throat is going to close, mine lasts for a few days at a time.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby groovy_chick » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:10 pm

Yes I get this time sometime, it is very unpleasant and feels like solid food is sticking to my oesophagus and am swallowing a lump. GP said this was oesophagitis, likely to be induced by the pills am taking and to take gaviscon if it happens again :roll: .
I also get chest pain when this happens, feels like trapped air in the chest and is very painful.
I still get it when I attempt to swallow a chunk of something without chewing it to mush and OMG then it bl**dy hurts :needhug: Eventually it goes on its own SIGH.
Do you also get lot of wind (upper end) and indigestion?
Nuts on the road! nim nim nim
groovy_chick
UKFM Member

Postby mamax9 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:32 pm

I get this especially with food which is dry such as biscuits or toast. I have to make sure I have plenty to drink at hand if I have anything like that but even then I can't always eat it. I also have gastro oesophageal reflux for which I take Omeprazole.
mamax9
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:59 pm

Yes

I think the reason for me is that my mouth gets very dry with my medication so i chew gum or sook sweeties all the time.
Worst for me is having a drink during the night i choke etc.,
Think its a fibro thing - sorry
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby MCT » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:12 pm

Had this a few times and thought it was just me.

The worst I had was when swallowing some food when it seemed to catch at the back of my throat going nowhere - I thought I was going to choke :shock: To this day I don't know how I managed to shift it but it was very scary at the time especially as I was on my own at the time.
http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/FMClinics/

My get up and go just got up and went!!!

As you slide down the bannister of life, may all the splinters be facing in the right direction :)
MCT
UKFM Member

Postby lynne » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:10 pm

Think I will get some gaviscon to try.Thanks for your replies.

Lynne x
lynne
UKFM Member

Postby gilly54 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:06 pm

I love this site. The more I read that other people suffer the things I do, then less weird I feel.
I have this too and I hate it. I keep forgetting to mention it to my new Doc :oops:
I get sick of my OH saying ''have you got a sore throat'' every time I eat, I've explained over and over to hi what happens :roll:
gilly54
UKFM Member

Postby SAT » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:31 pm

hi all
yes i get the swollowing thing too not allthe time mainly when eating toast. its like it gets stuck in the oesophegus and is like a big lump slowly going down to the stomach. not only do i get it with food it also happen with drinks too. its is quite painful when its going down the oesophegus(oh no not that word again i can't spell it) and yes it gives me wind in the chest area. I haven't mentioned to my gp as i don't want more tablets that will help with that i take too many now. :D
SAT
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems