clothes irritating bony areas

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

clothes irritating bony areas

Postby groovy_chick » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:36 am

Hi, wasn't quite sure how to name this topic hence waffle above but was wondering,
do you have days when you find clothes really irritating and painful on your body especially over bony prominencies?
I find that sometimes I can't tolerate wearing a bra at all (TMI I know :oops: ) but it also hurts over my shoulders and my scapula where the straps are or where the seams of the clothes are be it tops or trousers etc.
Does this make sense at all? :dunno:
Nuts on the road! nim nim nim
groovy_chick
UKFM Member

Re: clothes irritating bony areas

Postby mamax9 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:44 am

It makes perfect sense to me. I have had to stop wearing any clothing that is not elasticated round the waist as rigid waistbands are so irritating and I have to make sure that things are in softish materials as things like crisp cotton feel as though the seams are made of cardboard. As for bras I know exactly what you mean....I have my fair share and more in the boob department and really need a bra but some days wearing one is impossible and I have loads of different bras in different styles so I can try to find a comfortable one the rest of the time.
mamax9
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:00 am

Me too and sometimes I can't stand labels on the soft areas either. I haven't worn a bra for quite a while now, just can't stand the pressure on my ribs. I've more or less given up on trousers with zips, buttons etc and even pockets.. I love my combats but can't stand them anymore. I live in tracksuit bottoms and baggy tops now. :( and even then the seams get on my nerves sometimes.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby motherelephant » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:42 am

What boney areas i havn't got any they are a distant memory. :nono:
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby anne1206 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:22 am

I know the feeling :roll: I used to love making an effort and getting dressd up for a night out, but baggy clothes dont seem to look or feel dressy :( one thing I have bought that helps is front fastening bra, originally I bought them cos I couldnt fasten the ones at the back, but as the front fastening ones are made of a lovely soft cotton all in one piece, with broad straps and wide back there is nothing to dig into my skin, :D dont know if I can put where I got them so if this is inappropiate please delete :roll: Ambrose wilson or one of the JD williams group of catalogues have them priced at two for ten pounds so good value for money too :wink:
Take Care, Anne
durate et vosmet rebus servate secundis///>Carry on and preserve yourselves for better times
anne1206
UKFM Member

Postby gilly54 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:55 am

gillshutt wrote:Me too and sometimes I can't stand labels on the soft areas either. I haven't worn a bra for quite a while now, just can't stand the pressure on my ribs. I've more or less given up on trousers with zips, buttons etc and even pockets.. I love my combats but can't stand them anymore. I live in tracksuit bottoms and baggy tops now. :( and even then the seams get on my nerves sometimes.

I've just hired you as my script writer LOL
yes to all the above.
My man and half ( or more ) of the family just don't understyand this one adn I do try to explain it to them. I wear the oldest, thinnest, t-shirts I can find, that's when they are the most comfortable and I wear them till they fall apart because :oops:
gilly54
UKFM Member

Postby groovy_chick » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:39 pm

Oh dear, well I went and bought some softer bras with softer wires in them as I had some much pain in my ribs I don't know how I didn't see any bruises there :dunno: .
I find seams and labels very irritating and those adjustable clips on the bra straps that just sit on your shoulders/scapula are making it sooo painful :( . Eeven the seems on my 'soft' clothes are very irritating , the same for my dressing gown or laying down and it's not like I am a skinnie minnie or anything :needhug: :needhug: :needhug: . Any ideas anyone, short of going around starkers (minus tassles on nipples...did you see Britain's got talent last night OMG?????!!!!!) but cold would make the pain worse :?
Nuts on the road! nim nim nim
groovy_chick
UKFM Member

Postby luuluu » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:37 am

I have to dress properly (including bra :lol: ) for work but as soon as I get home everything comes off and the pj's go on for the rest of the day. The winter's great cos I can do the school run with my pj's under my big coat but summer means I have to get dressed again :evil: I find anything with long sleeves uncomfortable and restricting, bra's cause pain in my ribs and back and i can't sit comfortabley in trousers or jeans. By the time I get home from work my skin around my tummy where my trousers have been can feel really sore (I wear trousers a size too big too so they arnt tight but they always falling down :roll: and I can't wear a belt)and my feet from my 'work' shoes are aching.... :dunno: sorry no answers from me :dunno:

take care

luuluu :hugs:
xxxxx
what other people think of me is really none of my business
luuluu
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:20 am

I don't like tight items of clothing anymore.
started to wear dresses, just ordered another 4. if the weather is not so good i can still wear them with boots, then on summer days wear sandals. :D
i find cotton items more comfy, even changed all my underwear to cotton.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems