On the subject of clothes

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

On the subject of clothes

Postby gilly54 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:56 am

I have found that soft cotton is the most comfortable of all the fabrics. I can't stand even a small amount of anything else, makes my skin feel like it's crawling or sore. Does anyone else find this too? Viscose and elastine being the worse.
gilly54
UKFM Member

Re: On the subject of clothes

Postby princess » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:18 pm

No sorry i am ok with most things - but i like clothes with plenty of room - hope you find something that helps you.
Fibro is so strange eh
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:33 pm

i don't have that problem as such but do prefer cotton underwear.
love cotton dresses, nice and loose and airy..
Last edited by shazq on Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby princess » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:45 pm

Matalan do a pull on trouser, black, blue and brown - they are not bad for fashion, well my 26 year old daughter buys them too - think they are about £8 and very light on the body - give them a try. Cotton socks if you need them and trainers.
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby cat123 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:49 am

Has anyone had my problem,the markets are flooded with these nylon type fabric,mostly cardis and jumpers,it feels horrible,i cant wear it at all,it feels like fibre glass next to my skin.some of these clothes are so nice but i just cant stand them on my skin.tops and dresses are made of the same fabric ,its just thinner.Ive worn jeans all my life,even some of those are uncomfy now,I have to cut labels out of anything before i wear it.Bras feel like steel,i will go as far to say,the only thing i can wear in comfort is a cotten tracksuit,i dread weddings,or special night outs,because im so uncomfy ,and icy cold.Ive had fibro years,but only had this problem the last year or so............cat123
cat123
UKFM Member

Postby unigirl1981 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:52 am

i have the feeling that my skin is scaled and sore on my arms especially but sometimes on my legs too. i cant stand anything on them when this happens, its awful and really hurts!!!!
Just because you have to park in a blue bay doesn't make you any less of a person!

I am the Chair of Doncaster and District Fibromyalgia Support Group; working with FMAUK and loving it.
unigirl1981
UKFM Member

Postby gilly54 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:10 am

cat123, you have worded it so much better than me. That's the sort of thing I feel too. I hate it. we had an invite to an Engagement party last weekend and apart from feeling ill I knew there was nothing in my wardrobe that I could wear to go to something like that.

I'll have to get my man to take me to Matalan, thanks for the tip.
gilly54
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems