Cracking bones.....

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Cracking bones.....

Postby Lilliemae » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:29 pm

hi all,

just a quick one... does anyone else suffer from cracking bones? mine crack all over- neck, shoulders, spine, hips, knees.... the list goes on!! its extremely painful and very noisy! If you are unfortunate like me and have this problem is there anything we can do??

thanks,

Lillie
Sometimes you are the bug and sometimes you are the windscreen....
Lilliemae
UKFM Member

Re: Cracking bones.....

Postby groovy_chick » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:43 pm

YES!!! Me too but my exercise person said this was due to calcium deposits building up around the joints that are not used so much so short of keeping moving there isn't much else you can do.
Do you find that after you 'cracked' them several times the noise gets quiter and/or goes for a while. I have an awfuly cracking ankle ever since I sprained it several times when younger and now I can make it crack when I want to, mainly as I feel some pressure builds up in it if I don't. If you google 'clicking joints' you'll get some good answers.
Nuts on the road! nim nim nim
groovy_chick
UKFM Member

Postby Lilliemae » Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:03 pm

oooh, my left ankle is just the same! When the pressure builds up i just have to crack it even tho i know it will really hurt. All my doctor has said is that because the muscles are so tight they are pulling on the joints. i dont know if he really understands what happens or he is right...

thanks for replying!

Lillie
Lilliemae
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:38 pm

my knees crack lots, not sure how to stop it though, they get worse when i have been on them for a while.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby princess » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:47 pm

No dont have that problem, but oh how i hate when my son in law cracks his fingers :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby MCT » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:33 pm

Sometimes when I stand up my ankle is sore and I can't put full weight on it then it cracks and it's seems fine. :yikes:

I get cracking/grinding in my neck, lower back and a corker today in my hip getting out of the car. :shock:
http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/FMClinics/

My get up and go just got up and went!!!

As you slide down the bannister of life, may all the splinters be facing in the right direction :)
MCT
UKFM Member

Postby Lilliemae » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:46 am

oooh, my hips are great at that too!!

really not sure what to do about it because its getting worse... it cant be good for our joints???

Lillie
Lilliemae
UKFM Member

Postby groovy_chick » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:49 pm

I was told to keep moving and was given some special 'joint' exercises :wave:
groovy_chick
UKFM Member

Postby auroura » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:49 pm

My neck, right shoulder, wrists fingers, elbows, hips sometimes, knees, feet ankles crack, my knees sounds awful when i bend them, they just grind, makes me feel sick, been like this as long as i can remember, but more places crunch, click and grind now lol
Sharon

Bad is never good until worse happens
auroura
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:57 am

My neck is awful :yikes:

Crunch/click/snap :yikes:

Its where is so stiff
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Lilliemae » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:46 pm

oooh, joint exercises??? need to get me some of those then?! did they work?

got Physio on tuesday so will see what they say.. :( got a feeling i wont be saying anything except ouch..

Lillie
Lilliemae
UKFM Member

Postby groovy_chick » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:58 pm

lol well I call them joint exercises but maybe they are called sth else? Basically they are just based on 'loosening' of the stiffened joints, i.e.rotating your ankle right for 20 counts then left for 20 counts and the same applies for the joints you can rotate, for the ones you can't, i.e. a knee/elbow etc you need to try and stretch and strengthen muscles around them by straightening and bending your joint several times. For jaw joint, pull silly faces to loosen up the facial muscles etc.
Does that make sense?
groovy_chick
UKFM Member

Postby Lilliemae » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:37 pm

hahaha! good excuse for pulling faces at people!! yes that made sense.. im off to the physio dept for the first time tomorrow so i will see what they say and keep posting here....

Lillie
Lilliemae
UKFM Member

Postby Pippat » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:08 am

I can go weeks without cracking then suddenly it starts and for the next few weeks every joint cracks everytime I move! It hurts and is really annoying, my dr totally dismissed it though!
Pippat
UKFM Newbie

Postby armanisgirl » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:36 pm

I have a lot of cracking joints, but the worst ones (ankles and wrists) would be unbearable if I did rotation exercises. I did try once with my wrist and was in so much pain for days after that I won't do it again.

I also find that though my knees crack frequently, I often get such an uncomfortable feeling in them that I have to 'manually' crack them, by standing quite rigid and twisting my knee from side to side; if I don't they become very swollen, red and extremely painful. Makes me sound a bit stupid perhaps, but it's something I just HAVE to do to release the 'pressure'.
armanisgirl
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems