eyesight....

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

eyesight....

Postby lynne » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:31 pm

Been to opticians today for a sight test.Been having problems with eyes for about six months now.Happen to mention FM and he said that on a bad day I would have sore dry eyes and that the light would not help.I have had to get some artificial tear drops.Hope they help.Anyone else experienced this.

Lynne x
somedays are better than others but my smile stays the same.
lynne
UKFM Member

Re: eyesight....

Postby motherelephant » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:46 pm

yes me i have terrible pain in my (what feels like eyeballs) i went to opticians recently she told me to get some artificial tears but also she wants to refer me to hospital as she thinks the pain is from the muscles she thinks they should give me some exercises .i have also noticed that my focasing ability ,especially when tired is really bad,i even go crosseyed sometimes. Motherelle.x
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby lynne » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:05 pm

I have to go back for another test,my appointment today was 10.20 and it was 11.45 when I came out,I had quite a few tests and they suggested instead of two years test I go in another year but if my eyes get worse to go and see GP.I must admit it makes me really miserable because I can't focus properly.Optician certainly knew about FM which helped.
Thankyou for your reply.

Lynne x
somedays are better than others but my smile stays the same.
lynne
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:10 pm

Yes I get this and had artificial tears from the doctors for it. They do help, by the way. ((xx))

Gill x
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby mamax9 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:23 pm

yes I have artificial tears too but the dry eyes thing came before the fibro.
mamax9
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems