What next??

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

What next??

Postby anne1206 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:19 pm

Been to docs today with my usual list in case I forget anything :roll: he says I have Sciatica, IBS and a urine infection, but the good news is they will all go away eventually :dunno: told him about the skin at the base of my nails peeling inflammed and sore, he says this is down to ageing, :roll: ok I am no spring chicken but at 55 didnt think I was ready for the knackers yard, told him a few weird things going on with my body since the menopause, he says yeah things start to drop off :dunno: :crazy: dont know why I bother going :dunno: he actually gave me 6 diazapam, yeah just six, to be used to calm me down when I am really stressed and cant sleep :crazy: well in that case I would need six a day :nono:
durate et vosmet rebus servate secundis///>Carry on and preserve yourselves for better times
anne1206
UKFM Member

Re: What next??

Postby gillshutt » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:57 am

Sounds like you need a change of doctor rather than the diazepam (although they should help your sciatica :D ) If you have sciatica why wasn't he trying to find out why? Has he checked for anything other than IBS.. as for the fingers :yikes: sounds like an idiot to me :dunno:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby anne1206 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:48 pm

Yeah Gill think it is a new doc I need,
I had a colonoscopy two weeks ago and thats where the conclusion for IBS came from :dunno:
as for the sciatica, I told him I had pain shooting down my legs from the small of my back but more like my buttocks :oops: he pressed my back which made me yell with the pain it caused, then told me to lie on couch, not an easy task as I am sure you know, he then tried to lift each of my legs individually :crazy: but couldnt lift them very much because of the pain, thats when he said oh its sciatica but the good news is it will go away, :dunno: gave me a diet sheet to cope with the IBS, only recently changed to him as he was the only one in the practice that understood fibro, but seems he doesnt know much else :dunno:
Spoke to my mother and mother in law today and they have never had any problems with fingers so I know that is a load of twaddle, why cant docs listen and talk to us like adults, ok we get fibro fog but we are not stupid. :crazy:
Take Care, Anne
durate et vosmet rebus servate secundis///>Carry on and preserve yourselves for better times
anne1206
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:55 pm

I agree a new DR.
You need to phone around the local surgeries and ask if any of them have a GP who is symathetic to fibro or ME.
Then you will get the righ person male or female.
Sorry you feel so bad, the sciatica is bad enough with out the rest honey
sending you :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: Anne
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby gillshutt » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:21 am

Was talking to one of the mothers outside school yesterday. She had been bleeding between periods.. one doc told her it was her age (31 :shock: ) turned out she had polyps and had to have an op, luckily she saw someone else. I think some doctors say that it's your age when they mean I don't know and can't be bothered to find out.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems