Weight

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Weight

Postby princess » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:58 pm

I guess it makes sense that we have all put on weight - after all none of us are excercising as we did.
I used to walk evrywhere and loved to be on the head of the road with a pram and walk miles and miles.
Now im lucky if i get to the end of the road.
So put eating the same and less excercise - and well it does make sense we put on weight eh
(From Dr last week when i said im a size 18 now - was a 14 before all this)
princess
UKFM Regular

Re: Weight

Postby shazq » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:47 pm

i used to walk almost everywhere, plus be on my feet all day, what with work and then the house chores.
funny hey because when we work we wish we could be at home, now we have no choice but to be home. :( would love my old life back.
My GP has told me that most of my meds are weight gainers.. :(
just cant win.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby motherelephant » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:26 am

It seems as if everything is thrown at us.Weight gain just another thing to make people think we are lazy.I have the problem of underactive thyroid as well ,could do with a bit of lipo hahahah but dont think i could cope with the pain after.Motherelle :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby gillshutt » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:07 am

I think I must be the only one who has lost weight on here :shock:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:26 pm

you are lucky gill.
my kids are all grown up now so i dont have to chase after them, or do the school runs, or have a job so the only walking is doing the house chores, hospitals, or dog walks when we are up to it.
no way near as active as i used to be before the fibro days, i was so skinny, the crohns always used to keep me active...running to the loo, cant even run to the loo now..haha :oops:
there is that myth what is called middle age weight..think i might be getting that..lol.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby gillshutt » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:45 pm

You can't use that excuse shaz :lol: I'm 51 :shock:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:18 pm

hahaha, it was worth a try gill.
that was another reason why we got the pup, so we could get out more and do some walking, it is working but cant do it everyday, but little bits all add up, cant see the weight coming off yet, think it could be all the choco i am eating..haha, and middle age spread. :wink: :wink:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazbaz1971 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:37 pm

hi all

I defo say its down to lack of exercise, i have gained 12/14lbs in 18mths i know is not bad , and was really skinny before, but even before all this i would say it is down to exercise anyway or moving about, I was a qualified personal fitness trainer and PE teacher so was very active .....and i used be long distance runner too and train heavily, but now :shock: ....nothing walk every now n again if i am lucky, its gutting!!!

I was gonna use my age too and the drugs but realistally i know its lack of movement as i eat the same, yep just part of the parcel with all this hey girls!!

Oh well, i need complete new wardbrobe............... :lol: poor hubby bank balance hahahhaha xx

shaz
xxxxxxxxxxx
"Many a tear has to fall, but it's all in the game"

Shaz
xxxxxx
shazbaz1971
UKFM Member

Postby kayonamission » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:00 am

Sorry to hear about weight gain problems I have to join gillshutt I've gone the other way I've lost nearly four stone in five years. It just dropped off I used to be a size 16 now down to a 10 but having said that I had always been a slimish size 12 since my teenage years & I put on the excess weight quite quickly with out over eating or lack of exercise. So dont despair at weight gain it might drop off again in the future as this seems as unpredicable as most of fms symptoms :roll:
kayonamission
please understand its still me altho I get confused & work slower than I used too before the Fibro devil moved in with me!
kayonamission
UKFM Member

Postby JoJoLee » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:04 pm

Yup - went on pregabalin and gained rapidly - am back in size 16/18, and was heading for a 14 only 6 months ago - so to add to pain I feel like a whale!!!!!!! :roll:
JoJoLee
UKFM Member

Postby unigirl1981 » Mon May 04, 2009 8:28 pm

i put loads of weight on with fms due to immobility but now i am on fentalyn patches i have a very small appetite and have lost 7 pounds since march 22nd.
:shock:

downside is that OH now calls me "Mouse" as i cant eat big plate fulls of dinner anymore and eat regular very small amounts!!! :oops: :oops:
Just because you have to park in a blue bay doesn't make you any less of a person!

I am the Chair of Doncaster and District Fibromyalgia Support Group; working with FMAUK and loving it.
unigirl1981
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Mon May 04, 2009 8:41 pm

I was a size 14 bottom 16 top when pre fibro/ME
Now i am a 18 all over, and 2 stone heavier.
I think its to do with the non existant excercise!!!
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby sammi » Tue May 05, 2009 1:23 am

hi, i have just been changed from gabepentin to lyrica due to putting a stone on in 12 weeks :( :( . But i joined a well known dieting class last week and got weighed tonight and have lost 3 pounds. So im feeling rather good about that :D Ive had to do something as all my clothes are not fittong me and i cannot afflord new clothes :( .
The happiest people dont necesarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything that comes their way.......
sammi
UKFM Member

Postby samantha louise » Tue May 05, 2009 8:02 am

yay well done sammi
xxx
samantha - louise
and my two little wiggles!
xxx

fuddle off... no,... YOU fuddle off!!
samantha louise
UKFM Regular