wear and tare means arthritis

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

wear and tare means arthritis

Postby cat » Sat May 09, 2009 11:32 am

hi all
i was at my drs the other week as i could hardly stand because of pain in my back after the dr poked and proded she told me it was wear and tare and there wasnt much she could do as i keep gettin signed off physio due to the pain im in i didnt think much of what she said till i got a form bk from her yesterday and was checkin to see what she wrote to discover that shed put fibro, causing constant confussion and lose of balance, chronic fatigue syndrome, and arthritis.
needless to say i phoned the drs and asked her about what she had written and she told me she didnt want to depress me more than what i am already and had been hopin i wouldnt read what she had written......needless to say i just sat there tryin to find a reply but my mum landed up takin the phone from me and finishin the conversation......i no i should be pleased that ive got a dr that understands whats goin on wi fibro but to discover u hav arthritis through a form is a bit out of order although she has now said that shell tell me everything from now on........sorry to go on but im still a bit annoyed wi her
You just have to keep going the world won't stop with you
cat
UKFM Member

Re: wear and tare means arthritis

Postby shazq » Sat May 09, 2009 3:06 pm

hi cat
That is a very strange way off telling you that you have arthritis/fibro
you should have been told face to face, was she trying to keep it a secret? cant understand that, you go to see your GP because you need answers , why did she think you would not read it..strange. :dunno:
Have they given you anything for the fibro & arth?
you should make an appointment to go back to talk to your gp.
good luck
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Re: wear and tare means arthritis

Postby princess » Sat May 09, 2009 8:30 pm

I had to get a spine scan when the sciatica in both legs wouldnt go away - my spine is like a snake and two pieces under bra strap and lower 5 is where the pain is.
I said so that is why im so sore - no its wear and tear in those parts now and athritis now there.
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems