Numb Bladder?!???

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Numb Bladder?!???

Postby kp nuts » Mon May 11, 2009 3:17 pm

Hey there
Really wierd feeling, well lack of feeling actually, its in my stomach & kinda in my groin, I can't feel if I need a pee or not until I'm bursting, I just feel numb & tingly from under my belly button to the tops of my thighs! I get it in my hands & feet which is a symptom of the fibro but is this too or is it something else?
Any ideas please people???
Its not sore just very uncomfortable & horrible & am worried what the hell it is! :?
xxxx
kp nuts
UKFM Member

Re: Numb Bladder?!???

Postby groovy_chick » Mon May 11, 2009 5:00 pm

Ok,

personally I would get to the docs asap. If you can't feel your bladder/bowel then you need to go and be seen by a health professional as soon as possible as it could well be a sign of something else i.e. cauda equine syndrome so I wouldn't hang around too much. I don't mean to scare you but I think you need to be seen sooner than later. The tingly feeling sounds like nerves are involved so its best to get it sorted :hugs: .
Are you able to pass urine ok or do you have problems and wet yourself at all?
Nuts on the road! nim nim nim
groovy_chick
UKFM Member

Postby kp nuts » Mon May 11, 2009 11:01 pm

Ah you have worried me a bit now, thought it was just more wierd fibro stuff!
I can't feel it until I'm bursting & then when I go it doesn't feel like my bladders emptied properly! I'm waiting for a laparoscopy to see if I have endometriosis as I have symptoms of it, I had a large cyst on my ovary a while back & wonder if it's maybe came back & it's pressing on some nerves.... :dunno:
I've got period, irregular bleeding problems and ibs, maybe it's to do with that.. :dunno:
I'l phone the doctor tomorrow & see what they say about it, thats the only way to find out I guess.
Thanks groovy chick. :hugs: xx
kp nuts
UKFM Member

Postby groovy_chick » Tue May 12, 2009 6:08 am

sorry, didn't mean to get you worried :yikes:
Nuts on the road! nim nim nim
groovy_chick
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Tue May 12, 2009 11:29 am

hope you get it all sorted..good luck. k p nuts. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby samantha louise » Tue May 12, 2009 4:33 pm

you dont think it could be a severe ater infection type thing do you?? wen i have one i dont get a feeling of needing to go a bit i need to go now!

just a thaughht, but get checked asap by the gp x
samantha - louise
and my two little wiggles!
xxx

fuddle off... no,... YOU fuddle off!!
samantha louise
UKFM Regular

Postby smiler22 » Wed May 13, 2009 11:54 pm

hi you may find that the gp will try to put a cathter into your bladder to see if your not totally empting your bladder. sometimes we dont empty proplerly and the remainder that is left in your bladder can cause infection......

this is seen alot in elderly patients.

also they may use an ultrasound to cheque your bladder.

Alot of people dont go the toilet until they feel very desperate then when they go you sit down quick and sometimes get up quick as you think you have let most of it go. try sitting just a couple of minutes more, and sit back then forward to get most if not all of the urine out. this is the advice we was given to help the elderly.

i would def get to the gp though as they have the right equipment and knwoledge.... and you wont get any better love just sitting at home worrying.

take care and hope you get sorted.
live life to the full as life is what you make itxx
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Postby kayonamission » Sun May 17, 2009 4:45 am

Hi kp nuts

Blimey I've just read your post & the reply about Caudia equaine syndrome I went straight away & looked that one up! I have the same problem except the numbeness/tingling I experience in my lower back ,legs & all three passages down below. This all began after a car crash 18 months ago I have moaned like hell to the GP & each time the reply is its nothing to worry about as the numbness isnt always constant it comes & goes, but I am beginning to suffer difficulties with walking because of it as well as loo problems, caudia equaine syndrome fits the symptoms perfectly so I'm off to the GP asap with another I've been on the internet!!!!! Why oh why once you have fibro is all the pain you suffer put down to it when it could be something else? Keep me posted if you visit your Doc about the same problem, I'm seeing mine on Wednesday for a check up so I'll ear bash him about mine once again & insist he take me seriously this time.
kayonamission
please understand its still me altho I get confused & work slower than I used too before the Fibro devil moved in with me!
kayonamission
UKFM Member

Postby Elsbeth » Sun May 17, 2009 8:39 am

I used to suffer with this on a regular basis. The cause was a bulging disc clipping a nerve.

Do you get any really bad back pains since the accident, or have you heard a pop noise in your back recently and am a bit stiffer than before.
I bulging disc is slightly different to a slipped one so it doesn't always go that you would be unable to move. On most days I was OK with my back it was just every now and again it would knock me off my feet big time. I used t lose all sensation between my legs and on occassion did actually wet myself (wow I sound pretty).

It took 2 years just about for the disc to right itself but it did eventually so might be worth considering that.
Elsbeth
UKFM Member

Postby kp nuts » Sun May 17, 2009 10:33 am

The doc gave me antibiotics and said it must be a urine infection! Hoping he is right for once! Don't know how long before they are meant to start working, but haven't as yet!
He did also say though that if I do have another cyst it could be pushing on a nerve or something & when I go for a gynae appointment in a couple of weeks they can tell me!
Is's funny how they are so reluctant to give out antibiotics for chesty cold type things or kids saying its a virus but he gives me them before even getting the results of my urine!
Kayonamission, hope the doctor listens to you this time! I looked up the syndrome someone mentioned but it doesn't sound like what I've got.
Thanks for all replies.
xxxx
kp nuts
UKFM Member

Postby kayonamission » Wed May 20, 2009 4:16 am

Hi Elsbeth

Yes the back pain has been worse since the accident. I was taken to hospital on a spinal board with a collar on, I told the A&E doc that my lower back was agony but all he seemed concerned about was my whiplashed neck. He did a quick "logroll" had a quick feel of my back & ordered an X-ray of my neck which came back ok. I have been complaining of lower back pain ever since its in the coccyx area & just a little above. It is agony to sit or lay on & if I stay in the same position for to long I am welded in that postion & have to edge my way out of it slowly. heaven help me if there is ever a fire coz I cant move quickly they will have to carry me out in the bed or chair lol. It causes numbness, pain & tingling in my lower back ,legs & in my personal bits! I find going to the loo in both departments difficult as I have a lack of feeling. Each time I mention it to the Doc he says its all part of fibro & not to worry. I have an appointment tomorrow so I will be once again ear bashing my GP
kayonamission
please understand its still me altho I get confused & work slower than I used too before the Fibro devil moved in with me!
kayonamission
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems