Weak Bladder

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Weak Bladder

Postby Georges Girl » Mon May 18, 2009 1:07 pm

I I wondered if anyone has any help with this one.........I normally get up in the morning and have two mugs of coffee before I can do much else,the problem is running to the loo for a wee for the next couple of hrs or so,I'm going about five or six times in an hour :? and find it very difficult to hold myself :oops: when I have to go it's like a mad rush to get there,it's just not in the morning but generally depending on how much I have to drink,is this associated with FB too and is there anything for it ??? :oops:
Georges Girl
UKFM Newbie

Re: Weak Bladder

Postby motherelephant » Mon May 18, 2009 5:35 pm

I am exactly the same but not sure if its the fibro or something else.Do you eat with the coffee,maybe just too much fluid .Motherelle.
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby velvet » Mon May 18, 2009 6:58 pm

uh i actually saw an advert on tele this afternoon describing exactly the same thing - not just in fibro but a common problem in the general population. i think it was called sensitive bladder but the closest i have found looking is http://www.bradford.nhs.uk/continencese ... adder.aspx - it looks like the term "sensitive bladder" is being overhyped by envive to promote incontinance products as their sites use the term alot but dont explain it like the advert did - i cant actually remember who did the advert as i fogged half way through and stopped paying attention - if i see it again i will make and effort to pay attention lol.
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Mon May 18, 2009 7:42 pm

i too have a weak bladder, mine are down to weak stomach muscles where i have had 5 operations. if i bend or stretch, or carry something heavy i have a tiniy leak.
my GP told me to do pelvic floor mucsles.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby groovy_chick » Mon May 18, 2009 7:47 pm

Hi,

going to toilet a lot after drinking 2 mugs of coffee is most likely down to coffee itself as it is a very strong diuretic plus it irritates the bladder too. I am the same after any caffeinated or alcoholic drink.
Having said that, check out the following website I saw advertised today on TV :
http://www.bladderandbowelfoundation.org and you might find out more.
Nuts on the road! nim nim nim
groovy_chick
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems