odd sensations

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

odd sensations

Postby armanisgirl » Thu May 21, 2009 7:02 pm

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone ever feels like they've been sunburnt in the area under the eyes and across the nose? I get this quite a lot, tends to feel worse if I've gone outside. I'm hoping it's 'just' the fibro (I know nothing is 'just' with fibro though!), and not something else - my mother has lupus and has suggested it could be that, but it's not itchy patches over my face like what is described on lupus sites. I don't even see it as looking espcially red or sore, it just feels like it is. I don't want to bother the GP with it as it's not sore, I'm just aware of the sensation of being burnt all the time but with nothing obvious to display to GP.

Thanks in advance xx
armanisgirl
UKFM Member

Re: odd sensations

Postby princess » Thu May 21, 2009 7:53 pm

No sorry dont have that but maybe someone else has.
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby gillshutt » Fri May 22, 2009 9:56 am

I don't get this on my face but do get it elsewhere, legs etc. I think it's the nerves sending the wrong signals the same as pains which aren't there. I don't get it so much since I started taking gabapentin so it would seem to be a nerve thing.

I think, with lupus, it would show up as a red rash rather than be painfull.

Gill x
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby armanisgirl » Sun May 24, 2009 6:07 pm

maybe I should get the nerves tested - can they do that? At the moment the sensation is pretty constant from when I get up til I go to bed. I do get itchy patches when I've been outside in the sun - I have a few on my arms and a small 'spot' on my face after puting the washing out today, and it's feeling a bit like an insect crawling - horrible! I know it's not meds related as I'm not on any meds at the moment. Wonder if it's stress seeing as I feel like a volcano about to erupt :lol: (think thats the PMT starting!) Oh the joys of living with such a condition as fibro!
armanisgirl
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Sun May 24, 2009 6:41 pm

It could well be the stress :( hope you feel better soon ((xx))
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems