another for the ladies...sorry guys

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

another for the ladies...sorry guys

Postby shazq » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:43 pm

hi all
My boobs are really sore, they are so painful, the pain runs down along the outer side from under my arms the out side of the boobs right down to the ribs.
I get it every now and again.
When i first take off my bra the pain gets worse, trying to lay on my side in bed is very painful.
I have had a hysterectomy, but still get the effects of a period, so i am wondering if it could be linked to that.
does this happen to anyone else? i know the fibro makes us feel the pain more. i don't like to tell my GP about it as he is male, i know they have seen it all before but i still don't like to mention it.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Re: another for the ladies...sorry guys

Postby princess » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:52 pm

Not now im past the meno, but i used to at period time - i bought a sports bra and wore it in bed, it really helped me.
Maybe hormonal honey get checked with your Dr.
You need to be careful when it comes to breasts!
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:01 pm

yes, i tried a sports bra when i had to have tests at the hospital, normally wear under wire ones.
found the sports bra squashes my boobs. As i have put on a bit of weight my boobs have got bigger, which i hate.
In bed i wear t-shirt and shorts sets, the tops are quite tight fitting, so hold you up.
I check them for lumps, but all seem ok, did have to have fluids drawn out of a lump once but came back ok.
Have had light brown moles appear i did show my GP he measured them and said to watch them if they change or grow, but it has stayed the same size.
I still have my ovaries, so guess it could be linked to the CHANGE :cry:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Deegill » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:33 pm

NO CHANGE! im only 37 and have the same pain!

see, thats what i like about this forum, someone comes up with something and makes to think, yeh, thats what i get, or yep, ive had that!

dont get it much, but im going to put it in my diary and see if there is a pattern iwth my periods, my god, they are so got damn painful now, im on painkillers for it, but makes me bleed lighter and for a short time, but the pain, puts me to bed for two days!

be interesting if anyone else has painful boobs
A smile a day keeps the doctor away!

Denise xx
Deegill
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:50 pm

I get this for a week before my periods... it seems to make your boobs tender almost as though the glands are swollen ((xx))
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby princess » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:44 pm

I presume all of this is hormonal - id speak to the Dr next time you see him. Your oestrogen level may have fallen.
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:11 pm

yes think i will get GP to look, cant even touch the area from under my arm all done the out side, the pain is there all the time.
It`s strange as its only the outer sides of my boobs that hurt.
good idea about writing the dates down, i think i will write it down as well to see if there is a pattern.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby princess » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:30 pm

Your not in the family way are you? That causes painfull breasts, as do period times as i said probably all hormonal.
Princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:37 pm

princess wrote:Your not in the family way are you? That causes painfull breasts, as do period times as i said probably all hormonal.
Princess

haha NO, this is quote from my fisrt post
When i first take off my bra the pain gets worse, trying to lay on my side in bed is very painful.
I have had a hysterectomy, but still get the effects of a period, so i am wondering if it could be linked to that.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby armanisgirl » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:13 pm

I get painful boobs around the week before or after a period as well. It's frustrating, as it's never always the week before, and I'm hopeless as knowing when I'm due next! I also find my cycle fluctuates - it's jumping about from 14 days break, to 17 days to 21 days break. Been like that for years so I'm not concerned; it's just the way I am I guess.

I also find that boobs can become painful, especially down the side area, after wearing a strapless bra, as it's quite tight. Other than that, I do have a bit of hardening of the breast tissue, which can be very painful, and which I did go to GP and get scans for, as I was terrified it was something more sinister. Thankfully as I say, it's just hardening of the breast tissue, but never got an explanation as to why this happens.

If you are at all concerned, do go to the GP or even the practice nurse (the first GP to check my painful area was male, and so was the person who did the scan, so if you are worried, please go regardless. Your health is what he's interested in, not the size or shape of your boobs!) :hugs:
armanisgirl
UKFM Member

Postby Ruremi » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:27 pm

Hi Shaz

I am exactly like you had a hysterectomy but still have ovaries which means we still have the hormone ups and downs. I get the same kind of sore boobs and the choco cravings every month. I get annual hormone blood tests to check for menopause but so far all clear but we will still have all the symptoms of monthly cycle except the period obviously. but if you are worried get it checked it won't do any harm.

Moira
Ruremi
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:50 pm

My boobs are still very sore.
I have a doc appointment on friday.
My GP is still of sick :(
Made sure it was a different doc from last time, as he was a waste of time...this one is a lady GP, fingers crossed it was the one that wanted my bloods taken last time..
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:47 pm

I cant believe it, i went to see the GP today, i had a list of problems down, guess what.....
I forgot to say about my boobs...ggggrrrrr :evil:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby loubie » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:30 am

hi shaz :wave:
just read through all posts an had to :lol: at the end cos you just like me! something else hurts so u tell them about that but forget about the thing you booked the bloody appointment for in the first place :crazy:
i do get boob pain more so in right one and also all round ribs, have had to buy bigger bras i am a size 12 but i have to have 38 b bras and find sometimes they are tight an could do with a 40. i too have had hysterectomy at 31 an 45 now . also had a lump, that was a cyst but they did drain it to do tests but that was OK :D
they left my ovaries after hysto but had to go on HRT at about 34 an still on it now!
had my ovaries removed about 3 years ago cos had cysts on them an they grew very big i looked pregnant an the weight of them was just under a stone :shock:
sorry i goin on lol !!! any way back to boobs i think our bodies do still work as if we had our monthlies not kept a diary but still get the moods an hurty boobs :oops:
book another app at docs and do a list but make sure ya BOoOoOoOoOBs are at the top :lol:
hope you feeling well today love loubie xx :hugs:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:45 am

loubie wrote:hi shaz :wave:
just read through all posts an had to :lol: at the end cos you just like me! something else hurts so u tell them about that but forget about the thing you booked the bloody appointment for in the first place :crazy:
i do get boob pain more so in right one and also all round ribs, have had to buy bigger bras i am a size 12 but i have to have 38 b bras and find sometimes they are tight an could do with a 40. i too have had hysterectomy at 31 an 45 now . also had a lump, that was a cyst but they did drain it to do tests but that was OK :D
they left my ovaries after hysto but had to go on HRT at about 34 an still on it now!
had my ovaries removed about 3 years ago cos had cysts on them an they grew very big i looked pregnant an the weight of them was just under a stone :shock:
sorry i goin on lol !!! any way back to boobs i think our bodies do still work as if we had our monthlies not kept a diary but still get the moods an hurty boobs :oops:
book another app at docs and do a list but make sure ya BOoOoOoOoOBs are at the top :lol:
hope you feeling well today love loubie xx :hugs:

hi lobie
Yes i still cant believe i forgot to mention it...will have to do another list for next time..lol..

Wow that was some weight for the cysts, that must have been so painful..
I have not started on HRT yet.
I was 33 when i had my hysterectomy. I also had a lump that had to be drained, lucky that came back clear the second time, that was very painful, i had to have it done twice as the first one did not have enough fluid for them to test...
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Next

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems