legs

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

legs

Postby armanisgirl » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:19 pm

Sorry for another new topic! Feeling a bit like a hypochondriac recently lol

I've recently noticed a very wierd feeling in my legs. It's like an electric current running through them - at the front and down the thigh. I thought it may be a sciatica sort of thing, but looked it up and doesn't seem to be that, as it's not painful, just really odd. I don't think it's restless leg syndrome, as my legs aren't twitchy or jerking. So thinking could it be a nerve thing, or perhaps a chemical thing linked to the nerves? It reminds me of when we were kids and we touched electric fences for the cattle, using a bit of grass and the way the electric current felt. (No wonder I'm falling to bits, when I think back to the crazy things we got up to as kids! :yikes: :crazy: :oops: :nono: )

Does anyone else get this feeling in their legs, and if so - what on earth is causing it??
armanisgirl
UKFM Member

Re: legs

Postby auroura » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:46 am

I have a similar sensation, i am really worried about my legs, sometime they feel like there not mine, robot legs i describe them, they feel very jerky as if i am disabled, and i dont say that to offend them, i just dont know how to describe it. The sensation is kind of how you describe, but it can make me feel sick, its like a flickering sensation of electical tingling type thing, but it does scare me. no docs seem that worried.
Sharon

Bad is never good until worse happens
auroura
UKFM Member

Postby armanisgirl » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:21 am

Oh thank goodness I'm not alone! Sorry that you get this horrible feeling too. I didn't want to go for another GP appointment if it's nothing to worry about, and by the sounds of it it's nothing major - thank goodness. I wasn't sure if it was the fibro - yet again - or something new. Just knowing that someone else understands what it feels like puts my mind at rest! It doesn't happen all the time, but is becoming more frequent, and is lasting all day, but has usually gone by the next day.

When I went to bed last night the feeling travelled up my side which it hasn't done before, so that felt even wierder! But today it's gone. And it can affect either leg. I haven't noticed the feeling below the knee, but often don't feel that much below the knee due to freezing cold legs and feet. (OH says I'm usually quite cosey until you reach the knees, and he hates me trying to put my feet on him :lol: ) So I'm assuming it's all part of the fibro........such a wierd illness!!
armanisgirl
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:40 pm

Not sure if its the same thing you are talking about but my legs ache, i feel i don't know what to do with them, they don't jerk just feel heavy and achy, it gets worse when i go to bed, i have to keep moving them, nothing seems to help, i try stretching them too. i cant find any thing to help.
my feet are always cold.
OH hates it..hahaha.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby armanisgirl » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:53 pm

Ha shaz, I just BET you put your cold feet on OH to heat them up! :lol: I know I do that to my OH and he goes nuts lol.

I have sometimes felt my legs the way you describe yours - sort of heavy and don't know what to do with them, but I find I have to go and lie down! I think it's a sort of muscle cramp thing? Thankfully that feeling isn't very frequent for me, as it's so horrible. The electric feeling I get, sort of like a buzzing inside my legs, I get more frequently; it's not sore or itchy and I can sit or stand as usual, unlike the heavy feeling. I often wonder if the newer symptoms are fibro or something else. That's why I love this forum - at least one person has usually had a similar experience, and helps me to feel less like a hypochondriac or that I'm going insane :crazy: :lol:
armanisgirl
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:22 pm

armanisgirl wrote:Ha shaz, I just BET you put your cold feet on OH to heat them up! :lol: I know I do that to my OH and he goes nuts lol.

I have sometimes felt my legs the way you describe yours - sort of heavy and don't know what to do with them, but I find I have to go and lie down! I think it's a sort of muscle cramp thing? Thankfully that feeling isn't very frequent for me, as it's so horrible. The electric feeling I get, sort of like a buzzing inside my legs, I get more frequently; it's not sore or itchy and I can sit or stand as usual, unlike the heavy feeling. I often wonder if the newer symptoms are fibro or something else. That's why I love this forum - at least one person has usually had a similar experience, and helps me to feel less like a hypochondriac or that I'm going insane :crazy: :lol:

hahaha yep he gets my cold feet on him..

sorry cant help you with the electric feeling. it could be a trapped nerve? not sure, mention it to your GP next time you see him.
I always feel like a hypochondriac when i visit my GP...just as well he knows me well enough...
he has been off sick for a month, had to see a locum, they are useless, they don't know how to deal with fibro...ggrr.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby auroura » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:10 am

not sure if i said i get the buzzing, tingling as well in my legs and that drives me nuts!!
Sharon

Bad is never good until worse happens
auroura
UKFM Member

Postby groovy_chick » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:51 am

Well, my problem started with my legs feeling being very very tired and achy, from my ankles to my hip/lower back and to the point that if there had been an option of unscrewing them and chucking them in the burner I would have done that easily!!!
For a while I thought it was just because I stood on my legs for 12 hours at work but they also ached when I wasn't at work so I thought maybe in was venous problem and took antistax capsules which did help a bit but having said that I always had freezing cold feet with poor circulation so.....
The similar pain has now spread to my shoulders and arms. After a year of faffing about with physio providing no relief etc, seeing neuro and pain clinic etc I have now eventually had lower back/hip Xray few weeks ago which shows that I actually have some sort of deformity of one of my lumbar vertebrae and a mild forward slippage of the defective vertebrae which is probably causing the pains in the legs. There is nothing wrong with my hip lol but I do have pain in it :roll: but I do have pretty bad posture with my pelvis stuck out and hunched shoulders which I have had ever sincce I remember so it's probably not helping lol :roll:
Now my thinking is that maybe I have similar problem with the vertabra in my mid back causing shoulder/arm pain :dunno: Who knows :dunno:
Do you find if you change position your pain gets less at all?
Nuts on the road! nim nim nim
groovy_chick
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems