low blood pressure/symptoms

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

low blood pressure/symptoms

Postby armanisgirl » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:20 pm

I was looking for the thread about low blood pressure/sugar levels and the symptoms but can't find it :crazy: oh well.

It was just to say that I came across a thing on the NHS website, I was looking at circulation etc, as I do have very cold feet/legs/hands and wanted to see what I can do myself to improve it. (Will have to go back and check now coz I remembered the thread I can't find lol)

Anyway, it said that low blood pressure can be a good thing, although it can be caused by other things. As some of us get the dizzy, sicky feeling that makes us feel like we are going to faint, thought I ought to post it here. Being on beta-blockers can cause low bp, and so can other medications.

So, if you're getting these symptoms, and they've only started since being on fibro etc meds, it might be that you need to speak to your GP/rheumy etc and see if it could be your meds causing it, and try to find a suitable alternative med that does not cause the low bp.

Hope this helps for some, though it might not help others. xx
armanisgirl
UKFM Member

Re: low blood pressure/symptoms

Postby gillshutt » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:42 pm

I get the dizzy sicky feeling but it's not down to the blood pressure just FM as far as I can tell.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:47 pm

when i go into hospital they always say "do you feel alright" as low blood pressure.
i think mine is low all the time as had it said to me lots of times, this was before i was dx with fibro.. :dunno:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby auroura » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:11 am

My bp used to be low, but its normal now, lol i should be chuffed something of mine is normal :D in a couple of my pregnancies my bp got very low and it can make you feel rough.
Sharon

Bad is never good until worse happens
auroura
UKFM Member

Postby Lucy-Lemon » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:52 am

my mum and sister always have slightly low blood pressure but mine tends to be slightly high :? So for me it isn't anything to do with blood pressure.
Cold hands/feet i can understand is related to circulation as poor circulation seems to run in our family and my feet are never warm, even if i wear thermal socks. my hands sometimes get very cold for no reason, so its probably the same.
You can't know a horse's heart until you've walked a few miles in his horse shoes.
Lucy-Lemon
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems