A long list of symptoms?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

A long list of symptoms?

Postby armanisgirl » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:20 pm

How many symptoms do you have? I wrote down the symptoms that I thought were fibro related and ignored the ones I thought were not related. Then a friend with Fibro emailed me ages ago with a list of symptoms, that she had got given, and she was shocked to find that a lot of her symptoms could also be due to fibro, when she'd thought they were something else.

I have just had a look (I saved the list on a word document but have only just got round to reading it, after deciding my laptop needed 'decluttering! :lol: ) and a lot I wouldn't have a clue about, and some I googled to find out what the medical terms meant, and found that I do actually have more fibro symptoms that I didn't realise could be attributed to fm!! :yikes: As I read the list, I realised I'd seen it somewhere else - on a fibro group chat forum on facebook! I remember commenting that if I had that many symptoms I'd be dead! :lol:

Symptoms such as after finding a lump, I had to go for an ultrasound scan, and was told it was 'just hardening of the breast tissue'; now I know there is actually a name for it! Also, I read shaz's post regarding her eyes - what you have described points to a symptom of fibro/CFS/MPS/Lyme Disease!

I don't want to alarm anyone at all by posting this list, but it might ease some worries that something other than fibro is going on, although going to the GP with new symptoms should always be encouraged!! It might also be useful to keep a copy and mark off the symptoms you do suffer from, so that your GP/rheumy/neuro (?DLA as well?) can see the full extent of your symptoms. So if you're interested, and are already on facebook, have a look for the fibro group thing, and look through the discussions until you find it.

Failing that, I have come across the same list on another site; I'm not sure if the link would be allowed or not, so won't risk posting the link just now, but if anyone does want to know it, let me know. (or let me know if I can post the site's forum link here)

:grouphug: to all xx
armanisgirl
UKFM Member

Re: A long list of symptoms?

Postby shazq » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:24 am

hi
it will be ok to add the link to the list of systems, it will be helpful to lots of members.
I have a long list which my OH found on the net. might be the same one.
Very interseting to read. saying that when reading i was saying "i get that" to almost all off them. :roll:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby armanisgirl » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:44 pm

Thanks Shaz :D

I dind't want to just post the link without checking first. It is quite possible it is the same list you have seen, and yes, it's amazing how many symptoms we do actually have but didn't think were fibro related.

Here is the link (remember it is a very long list, but it's in sections, and can easily be copied and pasted to a blank document for personal use).

http://www.fibrotalk.com/forum/viewtopi ... 7468a12f7b
armanisgirl
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:23 pm

wow, thats some list..lol...
i have printed all 20 pages of it, will read it when i have time.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby armanisgirl » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:44 pm

lol, and I bet you have at least 10 pages of symptoms! :lol: I said yes to pretty much all of the cognitive problems!! I've not had any problems or dx regarding cardiac stuff, so dunno what half of them mean! But I'd heard of canker sores, never knew what that meant, 'googled' it and yep, I get them, although thankfully mine have never been extreme, more like little blisters in my mouth.

When I saved it to a word document, I changed the font size and managed to get the amount of pages reduced (I'm a bit of a miser with the ink :lol: ), but this may not be an option for you or others where eyesight is problematic.

Hope you and others find this useful to keep, and glad to have been able to share it

:hugs:
armanisgirl
UKFM Member

Postby Deegill » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:49 pm

hi, i know i shouldnt, and dont want to encourage you away from this site, but check out fibrotalk.com they have a list of symptoms and all other conditions you are likely to get with fibro, scared the hell out of me!
They also post links to areas too, so flipping helpful, plus they are great on there too, friendly family, sorry to say, but i spend most of my time on there, well im new and so much to see.

take care and gentle fibro :hugs:
A smile a day keeps the doctor away!

Denise xx
Deegill
UKFM Member

Postby armanisgirl » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:21 pm

Hi Dee,

the above link I posted is on that site, but I didn't want to 'divert' members away from here either. I personally prefer this forum though, as the other one just has far too many thread sections for me to concentrate on. It's an American site, so although fibro is worldwide, some of the advice etc may not be helpful as we just can't access the same things - thanks to NICE!!! A great health system we have! :lol: But, for the list of symptoms, I thought it worth posting the link, as there was just far too much to copy and paste onto here, and thought it might help us keep track of our own symptoms lists - fibro fog always kicks in when you try to list all your own symptoms!
armanisgirl
UKFM Member

Postby Deegill » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:31 am

I was reading this post, read the first post, and thought yep, she's talking about fibrotalk, i'll add a bit when i've read, and low and behold i had already posted on here, i couldn't of read the posts properly, as the site had already been mentioned :roll: a fibro moment :dunno: !

I chat to some people on there, but with the differnt times zones it's hard. I think all fibro sites, have different things to say, but, i am always on here, but shame there isnt a chat on here.

well its 5.30am and i ought to at least get an hours sleep before school, got a bloke coming today to do some adaptations, so wont get much sleep during the day, which i always need :sleep:

gentle fibro :hugs: :grouphug:

Dee x
A smile a day keeps the doctor away!

Denise xx
Deegill
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:09 pm

I had a look at the list and got really scared at just how many of them I have and how bad they are :yikes: Makes me feel a bit better tho to know I'm not alone, it's been one of the biggest worries/fears that it's me against the world with this illness. Now I know I can find a little solace and support!!! :needhug: :hugs:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby angelwear » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:50 pm

HI, :wave: just looked at the list and nearly fell off my chair!!!!! I was diagnosed 5 weeks ago but have been ill for 2 years. Looking at these symptoms I have been having lots of them for at least 5 years.Didn't realise they were even symptoms of fibro??
There's me thinking I'd lost the plot. At least I can blame it on the fibro now!!! lol

Julie :clap:

edit to remove capitals. Please don't post all in capitals as it is considered shouting. Gill
angelwear
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems