Breathing Problems

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Breathing Problems

Postby Mr.A » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:05 pm

Does anyone else feel like they are breathing in smoke all the time? I've noticed this and it's been getting worse over the last few weeks.
Mr.A
UKFM Member

Re: Breathing Problems

Postby unigirl1981 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:56 am

i dont have this personally but maybe it could be due to the muscles around the ribs, lungs etc which may make it more of an effort to breathe if they are tight or hurt?? this could also alter the amount you can inhale which in turn may make the air that you DO breathe in seem poor quality as you dont get as much o2 as you should. i would have a word with your gp and see if your o2 levels and peak flow are ok. do you have asthma?

thats the only thing i could think of it being??? anyone else go an idea?
Just because you have to park in a blue bay doesn't make you any less of a person!

I am the Chair of Doncaster and District Fibromyalgia Support Group; working with FMAUK and loving it.
unigirl1981
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:07 pm

I would get it checked out as soon as you can in case it carrie on getting worse. Better to be safe than sorry as they say.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby MISS BUNNYPENNY » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:48 pm

You need to visit your GP as soon as possible you may have an infection
coventry brittle kid
I LIKE WALKING IN THE RAIN -NO 1 SEES YOUR TEARS
LORD=keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth....AMEN
Sarcasm-Its beats killing people/
Just when I was getting used to yesterday,along came today.
MISS BUNNYPENNY
UKFM Regular

Postby Sunbeam » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:50 pm

i have noticed, as the FMS has got worse (thats another story), that sometimes its hard to get enough air in and i have to take big breaths, it doesnt last long and doesnt happen every day but is a little frightening when it happens. I cough more now too although a chest xray was clear. Not much reassurance but maybe its similar to your problem?
Sunbeam
UKFM Member

Postby MISS BUNNYPENNY » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:10 pm

Having Brittle asthma I have this problem alot I suddenly automatically need to take a deep breath as if theres not enough oxygen in the air you must get this check out and yes it is a bit scarey to and a strange feeling . I'm not of course saying you have asthma it could be to do with FM I may mention this at my next asthma clinic see what they make of it. take care
coventry brittle kid
I LIKE WALKING IN THE RAIN -NO 1 SEES YOUR TEARS
LORD=keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth....AMEN
Sarcasm-Its beats killing people/
Just when I was getting used to yesterday,along came today.
MISS BUNNYPENNY
UKFM Regular

Postby smiler22 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:20 pm

i get this but i have asthma....

it is worth getting it checked as it could be asthma or may be a chest infection. or it may just be that you are getting stressed over something so your muscles around your lungs are tightening.
let us know how you get on.
xx
live life to the full as life is what you make itxx
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:33 pm

no, i have never had that.
Hope you get it sorted, you should have a chat to your GP.
Let us know how you get on, good luck.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Deegill » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:08 pm

oh im glad im not the only one.

for a few years, i'd find moments of struggling to breathe as my chest walls where inclosing, id go outside thinking it was fresh air i needed, even took my bra off, that helped a little.

I still get this every so often, as though i need a gulp of air, sometimes i take a gulp, and dont realise ive done it, till whoever is around me looks.

just lately as im drifting of to sleep, im suddenly awake again, thinking whats happened, as then my throat and chest ache as i must of stopped breathing.

Dee x :grouphug:
A smile a day keeps the doctor away!

Denise xx
Deegill
UKFM Member

Postby butchx5 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:03 pm

Hi
I get this breathing problem too - for years I go through periods when it feels like someone is sitting on my chest and I just can't breathe in enough. I also find that sometimes I find I just can't get enough breathe even though I don't feel this pressure on my chest.
A while back - just after being diagnosed with osteoarthritis but not the FM, etc I started having real problems when I was really struggling to breathe and got quite panicked about it.
My doc just said ' it could be the FM once I was diagnosed with it - and hasn't done anything else about it.
butchx5
UKFM Newbie

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems