Letters after my name: fms, cfs, ibs..help needed with ibs

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Letters after my name: fms, cfs, ibs..help needed with ibs

Postby unigirl1981 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:18 am

I am feeling that we should all have business cards made with the letters after our names.

Mel B FMS IBS CFS Sounds posh doesnt it!!

IBS;
seriously though its not funny. My ibs is so bad at the moment it is competeing with the fms for my attention.

i get such bad constipation and pain when i do go that is so bad i actually cry. I get really bad urgency too so i feel like i am going to have the runs but when i get there i cant go. it sound like a stupid small thing to upset you but sometimes all these problems add up and you feel so "broken down" and ill with it all. i am trying stop stop the illnesses owning me but they just take over and i can beat them some days.

I am having a flare at the mo so i am in the stupid wheelchair with the worst pains i have ever had in my life besides birth and now i cant even poo properly!

I have tries laxatives, warm baths, heat pads, drinking lots of water, eating fruit and veg, correct sitting position, staying on the loo for 20 mins or so etc etc and now i give in.

i was even sick yesterday due to the constipation. Any one got any ideas???
Just because you have to park in a blue bay doesn't make you any less of a person!

I am the Chair of Doncaster and District Fibromyalgia Support Group; working with FMAUK and loving it.
unigirl1981
UKFM Member

Re: Letters after my name: fms, cfs, ibs..help needed with ibs

Postby groovy_chick » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:16 pm

Hi Mel,

sorry to hear about your problem. Have you tried Movicol sachets? I think you can buy them without prescription but they are quite pricey so might be cheaper on prescription. Movicol is usually prescribed for people who are faecally impacted (TMI I knpw!!!) and it does work. Also, have you tried the IBS heat patches you put on your clothes on your tummy and they give away heat for 12 hours which is very nice and comforting.

:grouphug: hope you get it sorted soon as I know only too well how awful it is :oops:
Nuts on the road! nim nim nim
groovy_chick
UKFM Member

Postby Deegill » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:41 pm

:hugs: hi.

sorry you are suffering, i do know how you feel, i end up bleeding after ive been, that takes ages to stop.

ask the doctor for lactose solution, i'd pass you mine if i could, got so many bottles of the darn thing! you are supposed to take twice daily - but guess what, i dont, i forget especially as you can't put it in the pill container!

i feel like im gonna have the runs too, get to the loo, and siltch, nadda, nothing! then you end up with cramps, and my goodness dont they hurt?! i;ve have lisions on my ovaries and it feel as if they are being squeezed at the same time :cry:

Hope you have relief soon.

Dee
A smile a day keeps the doctor away!

Denise xx
Deegill
UKFM Member

Postby unigirl1981 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:56 pm

thanks for the info, i have movicol in, my 6 year old was in hospital for faecal impaction last year and is now on movical peadiactric which is the same as movical half. might take one of his!!!!!!! i also have lactose solution too, its a horrid yellow colour and i dont fancy that much but might have to!!

thanks all!!!

Mel xxxx
Just because you have to park in a blue bay doesn't make you any less of a person!

I am the Chair of Doncaster and District Fibromyalgia Support Group; working with FMAUK and loving it.
unigirl1981
UKFM Member

Postby kayonamission » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:04 am

Oh yes to the exact same proplem!
Running to the loo with urgency only to find cant go!
I've tried all the same bran, fruit veg, prune juice etc. The powders are fowl to take & didnt work anyhow. My OH fethched the doctor to me after a bad session of trying to go & in so much pain I was rolling around the bed in agony. The GP gave me some pills called Co-danthramer 25/200 & they are wonderful I take one every night & two if the problem is really bad. Hey presto I can go with out all the pain. Hope you get sorted

Kay xxx
kayonamission
please understand its still me altho I get confused & work slower than I used too before the Fibro devil moved in with me!
kayonamission
UKFM Member

Postby deborah123 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:31 am

ho there i to suffer from all thee above...especiacly when iv been taking lots of painkillers..they bind me up terribly..doctor gives me stuff called manevac its great and works everytime..its a tub of what looks like small chocolate balls that u get over ur icecream lol..and u take 2 spoon fulls of it with a big drink of water and hey presto next morning ur off and unloading.lol...its great stuff..i say ring ur doctor today and ask for them..xo...hope all go's well...God bless.x
deborah123
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:09 pm

The lactulose is quite nice if you can get past the fact it looks a bit like pee :lol: It's just sweet so no horrible taste like with Syrup of Figs or some others. You may need a couple of doses though.. I find it varies to the effect from one day to the next. Luckily I don't get it much now since I weened myself off the co-codamol.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:11 pm

i know how you feel.
Because of the crohns as well i either get constipation or diarrhea, but as mo its mainly conts..the pain is unbearable at times.
I have to take lactose, dulcolax and senna.
Cant stand movicol, it makes me heave. cant take any of the sachet stuff.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems