[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Anyone else?

Anyone else?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Anyone else?

Postby gillshutt » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:59 pm

Does anyone else find that their tinnitus suddenly goes really loud for no apparent reason? I can be sitting reading and all of a sudden the noise in my ears goes through the roof. Often I then start to feel worse pain wise.. not sure if it's down to the tinnitus or the tinnitus is a warning that the pain is coming.

Gill
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Re: Anyone else?

Postby armanisgirl » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:38 pm

Hi Gill,

I haven't ever been dx with this, but am positive I have it in both ears - it reminds me of the buzz from the fridge freezer! BUt yes, it does 'flare' frequently, and I'm not sure why. Also sometimes I've gone sort of 'deaf' in an ear, a bit like having cotton wool stuffed in. I haven't made any connection to pain worsening though, but then that's a bit too simple for me to fathom out these days! And, as if that's not enough, some days my hearing goes very muted or I can't hear very well if there's background noise, while other days noise is amplified to the point it really hurts (like the tv suddenly seems too loud and I have to turn it down, or the kids voices 'go right through me' when they're a bit excited). Can the GP do anything for tinnitus? I didn't think they could which is why I've never mentioned it so far, just thought it was another thing we just have to live with.
armanisgirl
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:01 pm

hi :wave: just read your posts
i have tinnitus in my right ear had it for about 4 years. sounds like I am sat on a plain right by the engine can be bad some days and i have found that it will go mad when I am going to be real bad its like a build up of pressure and my neck hurts at same time. I have learned to live with mine but you can go to a tinnitus clinic . my ears have become very sensitive to noise too over the last 12 months
love lou :D xx
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:21 pm

I find I am very sensitive to loud noises, if I am watching a TV program and the ads come on, some of them are very loud so I have to turn the sound down.
OH is the other way around, he has gone deaf...(or so he says... :wink: )
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby susie ray » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:05 pm

yes I also have tinnitus and when Im about to get a bad FM pain my tinnitus gets worse.
susie ray
UKFM Member

Postby deborah123 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:34 pm

i too have tinnitis.iv had it from i was a child.most of the women in my family have it.my mum and 3 sisters....i find mine gets worse when my necks sore and it go's realy mad when i take painkillers.everytime?.about 5mins after taking any kind of painkillers it starts realy bad in both ears...
deborah123
UKFM Member

Postby lynne » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:27 pm

I have just been diagnosed with tinnitus today.I do find when I'm stressed out the noise gets louder and I panic because I can't always hear what is being said.

Lynne x
lynne
UKFM Member

Postby Sunbeam » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:57 pm

Yes, have had Tinnitus since FMS started, gets so loud sometimes...but at least it doesnt hurt! Anyone noticed increase in intolerance to smells? I find that if i am near someone with an iffy hygiene, i cant bear it now, its overwhelming. It seems FMS makes many of us intolerant to everything and everyone :|
Sunbeam
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:33 am

Ye sit does make us sensitive to smells. I feel sick and dizzy if I walk behind someone with certain perfumes on... not all the time though. Also somedays my fabric softner can smell awful other days it's ok :shock: weird or what?
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby loubie » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:20 am

hi all :wave:
i am finding i am real sensitive to smells too :(
was in asda yesterday an a man had some aftershave or something on and it really got to me, had to move away . my hubbys deodorant dose the same but i thought that was cos it a spray :dunno: also car & bus fumes and pollen, never been like it before :roll:
hope you all ok today :grouphug:
loubie x
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems