Anyone else?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Anyone else?

Postby gillshutt » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:59 pm

Does anyone else find that their tinnitus suddenly goes really loud for no apparent reason? I can be sitting reading and all of a sudden the noise in my ears goes through the roof. Often I then start to feel worse pain wise.. not sure if it's down to the tinnitus or the tinnitus is a warning that the pain is coming.

Gill
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Re: Anyone else?

Postby armanisgirl » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:38 pm

Hi Gill,

I haven't ever been dx with this, but am positive I have it in both ears - it reminds me of the buzz from the fridge freezer! BUt yes, it does 'flare' frequently, and I'm not sure why. Also sometimes I've gone sort of 'deaf' in an ear, a bit like having cotton wool stuffed in. I haven't made any connection to pain worsening though, but then that's a bit too simple for me to fathom out these days! And, as if that's not enough, some days my hearing goes very muted or I can't hear very well if there's background noise, while other days noise is amplified to the point it really hurts (like the tv suddenly seems too loud and I have to turn it down, or the kids voices 'go right through me' when they're a bit excited). Can the GP do anything for tinnitus? I didn't think they could which is why I've never mentioned it so far, just thought it was another thing we just have to live with.
armanisgirl
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:01 pm

hi :wave: just read your posts
i have tinnitus in my right ear had it for about 4 years. sounds like I am sat on a plain right by the engine can be bad some days and i have found that it will go mad when I am going to be real bad its like a build up of pressure and my neck hurts at same time. I have learned to live with mine but you can go to a tinnitus clinic . my ears have become very sensitive to noise too over the last 12 months
love lou :D xx
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:21 pm

I find I am very sensitive to loud noises, if I am watching a TV program and the ads come on, some of them are very loud so I have to turn the sound down.
OH is the other way around, he has gone deaf...(or so he says... :wink: )
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby susie ray » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:05 pm

yes I also have tinnitus and when Im about to get a bad FM pain my tinnitus gets worse.
susie ray
UKFM Member

Postby deborah123 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:34 pm

i too have tinnitis.iv had it from i was a child.most of the women in my family have it.my mum and 3 sisters....i find mine gets worse when my necks sore and it go's realy mad when i take painkillers.everytime?.about 5mins after taking any kind of painkillers it starts realy bad in both ears...
deborah123
UKFM Member

Postby lynne » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:27 pm

I have just been diagnosed with tinnitus today.I do find when I'm stressed out the noise gets louder and I panic because I can't always hear what is being said.

Lynne x
somedays are better than others but my smile stays the same.
lynne
UKFM Member

Postby Sunbeam » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:57 pm

Yes, have had Tinnitus since FMS started, gets so loud sometimes...but at least it doesnt hurt! Anyone noticed increase in intolerance to smells? I find that if i am near someone with an iffy hygiene, i cant bear it now, its overwhelming. It seems FMS makes many of us intolerant to everything and everyone :|
Sunbeam
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:33 am

Ye sit does make us sensitive to smells. I feel sick and dizzy if I walk behind someone with certain perfumes on... not all the time though. Also somedays my fabric softner can smell awful other days it's ok :shock: weird or what?
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby loubie » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:20 am

hi all :wave:
i am finding i am real sensitive to smells too :(
was in asda yesterday an a man had some aftershave or something on and it really got to me, had to move away . my hubbys deodorant dose the same but i thought that was cos it a spray :dunno: also car & bus fumes and pollen, never been like it before :roll:
hope you all ok today :grouphug:
loubie x
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems