need to talk bladders!

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

need to talk bladders!

Postby psycho mum » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:58 pm

hi everyone

doe anyone have a dodgy bladder? sorry this isnt a nice subject but some days i really have problems "going"!!!
seems like i sit there for ages with a full bladder but nothing happens!! doesnt do this all the time just the odd day or so.

i dont knw if its fm or medication but, if you dont mind talking aout it,would ove to know if this is just another little fm gift!! :cry:
psycho mum
UKFM Member

Re: need to talk bladders!

Postby loubie » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:28 pm

hi :wave:

don't have that problem so sorry can't help :dunno:
would like to no if anyone has noticed that there peewee :oops: is strong smelling wen having a bad day :oops: i do get a strong yeast smell ? not got infection ?
loubie :)
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby auroura » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:44 pm

Hi, if no infection strong smelling urine is usually an indication of dehydration.

Since i hurt a disc in my back last December, i have a bit of a problem with my bladder, i dont realise i need to go, until i really need to go, then wheather i need to go alot or a little, the urgency seems the same to me, and quite often i will go a little, then 10 mins or so later go again, but go lots!! another strange symptom lol.
Sharon

Bad is never good until worse happens
auroura
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:29 pm

thanks Sharon :D
how dumb am i :crazy: lol
i was a big tea & coffee drinker but i cut it down cos it not good for me BUT have not been drinking any other drink ! i will do now :D
i should have known better really cos i had my disc done and after op i had very low bp and had to keep drinking loads. hope someone can help with your problem
loube xx :wave:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby anne1206 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:15 am

Yeh got this problem too :roll: but was told by doc its another wee parcel of fun from fm.
doc says as bladder is another muscle then what do I expect as after all I do have a muscle condition :roll: It is so annoying constantly wanting to go and even when I do go it comes out in wee dribbles and takes forever, family all laugh at me now as they know when I use the bathroom it will take a while :yikes: glad I make someone laugh.

Take care, Anne :hugs:
durate et vosmet rebus servate secundis///>Carry on and preserve yourselves for better times
anne1206
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:34 pm

I do get problems with my bladder, but not like you.
If i lift anything heavy or stretch then a small amount of wee will leak out.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby gillshutt » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:52 pm

I get this.. not funny is it. I'm not sure if it's FM but it could be... irritable bladder is an associated problem and it can go either way if you pardon the expression. Either you can't hold it in or nothing comes out. I also find that when I think I've finished I go to stand up and it starts again :roll:

It's a question of either waiting for everything to relax enough or pushing as hard as you can :( It can also lead to bladder infections as sometimes it doesn't all come out and some goes back up which can transfer germs.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby moonbeam » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:45 pm

Hi

Are you on Amitriptyline? Apparently this is one of the side effects! Needing a wee but cant go..

Apart from being an Anti-depressant and used for Nerve Pain, Amitriptyline is also used for bed-wetters because it has the effect on the bladder that you describe.

Be interesting to know if you are on it!

Moonbeam x
moonbeam
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:28 pm

Mine runs on a bit after im finished, so need to keep pushing after the flow hahahah
muscles again
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby Deegill » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:38 pm

oh yes. the other year i was meant to go for tests.

they wanted to put a tube up into my bladder and a tube or whatever it is up my bum at the same time and try go to the loo! i couldnt bare the thought of that, so cancelled the appointment.

I get so fed up with sitting there and waiting for something to happen, quite often i tell my brain, just go!

I've not mentioned to my gp about the problems as dont want the tests, will grin and bare it!

Dee
A smile a day keeps the doctor away!

Denise xx
Deegill
UKFM Member

Postby LynneW » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:23 pm

I too have a bladder problem to the point where I actually wear pads for incontinence now. On a good it it could just be super sanitary towels but on a bad day it's proper tena ladies.
LynneW
UKFM Newbie

Postby taffeeapple » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:07 am

as women we know that if you have had children this can sometimes cause bladder problems in the future, if you are dribling when you cough laugh or lift anything heavy, then you should tell your gp. It can also be a side effect from tabs, and like others have said the bladder is a muscle and we have problems with our muscles.

:hugs:
caroline x
I like to shake it, but the fibro does it for me.
taffeeapple
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:49 am

i mentioned my bladder problems to my locum yesterday..(my GP has already said its stress incontinence), she said for it to have any effect i will have to do pelvic floor exercises for at least 3 months for it to stop.
I have had a number of ops because of the crohns so i have been cut through my stomach muscles every time, this has made them very weak.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

wee probs

Postby tania » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:19 pm

hi i have just recently been having probs going for a wee i find my bladder is full but when i get there im having difficulty for it come out and when it finally does im stopping and starting all the way through is this a fibro symptom or something else?? :?
tania
UKFM Member

Postby GeminiGirl » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:28 am

I have fibro with a number of years and 2 years ago I started having trouble with my bladder including pain in my back, symptoms that a lot of you have described in your posts. I went to a Urologist and he said I have Interstitial Cystitis which is where the lining of the bladder becomes inflamed [i think thats what he said]. From researching IC on the net i found out that it is something that is commen among people with fibro. I had a cystoscopy & bladder distension [not the most comfortable thing in the world!!!] but that didnt really work so he put me on medication [vesicare] and that has made a big difference. I still have a few little symptoms but nothing like i had. It might be worth asking your GP if what you have could be Interstitial Cystitis.
GeminiGirl
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems