head pain

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

head pain

Postby susie ray » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:40 pm

Hi apart from all the usual FM pains does anyone get a pain in the and around the bone behind their ear? Iv had one now for 3 days and its steadily getting worse. what bothers me is my GP is a bit lazy and I dont want him blaming everything on FM when its not.
thanks
sue
susie ray
UKFM Member

Re: head pain

Postby armanisgirl » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:16 pm

Hi Sue,

I get this. My pain is in the bone behind the earlobe just in front of the hairline. I've had this pain on and off since I was a child, but I've never asked a GP about it, as it isn't frequent enough for me to remember to mention it to the GP! But when I get it, it is very painful. I used to get it only behind my right ear, though I do now get it behind my left ear sometimes now. Dunno when my fibro actually started, though got dx in 2006, so I guess it is possible to be fibro related. Do you go to a rheumy at all? If your GP says it's fibro coz he's being lazy, ask the rheumy if this is fibro connected or not. Or maybe try to see another GP within the practice. When I'm at GP next myself, I'll ask about it - if I remember!
armanisgirl
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:12 pm

No i have never had that.

It could be an ear infection maybe?
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby gillshutt » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:17 pm

It could be TMJ have a look HERE
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby armanisgirl » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:08 pm

shazq wrote:No i have never had that.

It could be an ear infection maybe?

No, it doesn't feel like an infection, and my pain has thankfully only ever lasted a day. it's a very hard pain to describe, other than it's in the bone, but it very well could be TMJ (thanks Gill), so I must ask about that too, especially as I do have a few of those symptoms, so perhaps is related to a neuralgia thing. It could be that the pain is caused by grinding the teeth and clenching the teeth/jaw, which I do a lot, though if it is I'm suprised I don't have that pain all the time! Fibro is such a guessing game sometimes!
armanisgirl
UKFM Member

Postby susie ray » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:36 pm

Thank you for your answers I will suggest to the doc what it might be
susie ray
UKFM Member

Postby auroura » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:56 am

I had that pain a few years ago, but it went right into my ear, best way i can describe it, it felt like i had a very long thin needle being shoved right into my ear, it was very very painful. I ended up going to out of hours docs at my local hospital. The Dr I saw said it was some kind of neuralgic pain and i found the wonders of tramadol! I have only had it once more since then and it went after a couple of days like the first time.
Sharon

Bad is never good until worse happens
auroura
UKFM Member

Postby nicegrins » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:42 am

I get the pain in my ear like needle being pushed, i was diagnoed with Otitis externa or what the doc told me first Eczema in the ear. Drops or spray helps

tracey
nicegrins
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:02 pm

I get this all time... i have TMJ and wear a mouthguard to help PLUS my physio releases the tightness around the nape of the neck & ears
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby smiler22 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:52 pm

ive had a lump that comes up behind my left ear for years. and when going to gp about it it has usually gone down by the time i have got to the dr. however he thinks it is my glands that come up and are painful as i usually have sinasitus or cold or something.

so dont know if it is or if it is to do with fm. xxx
live life to the full as life is what you make itxx
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems