scarlet fever, scarletina

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

scarlet fever, scarletina

Postby luuluu » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:10 pm

Hi

I just wondered if anyone now suffering fibro had scarlet fever or scarletina as a child. I was reading some info that linked them to fibro and I had scarletina when I was about 12/13 years old.

luuluu
xxxxx
what other people think of me is really none of my business
luuluu
UKFM Member

Re: scarlet fever, scarletina

Postby princess » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:33 pm

No but i did have Viral Polio!
My parents died a long time ago, but i have two large marks on my top left arm, you know the polio jags of old, everyone my age has one, but i have two.
Now i have spoken to someone who deals with polio, and she said you def had viral polio it must be in your medical file.
So guess what im asking GP when i go for my assessment next week.
princess
Last edited by princess on Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby deborah123 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:48 am

hi.i had scarlet fever and german measles together when i was about 8 years old??? wot has it to do with fibro???..is it the reason u get fibro or something?
deborah123
UKFM Member

Postby smoky » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:57 am

HI THERE
I think a lot of viruses are linked to fibro: I am convinced that the case of slapped cheek or parvo virus caused me to get it; all my symptoms arrived after that; :oops:
smoky
UKFM Member

Postby armanisgirl » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:54 pm

Hiya,

I had what the doctor said was mild scarlet fever/scarletina when I was about 7 or 8. I'd forgotten about that until a fwe weeks ago, when I was listing all the illnesses/accidents and traumatic times in my life; trying to fathom out when I may have deveoped fibro. I'm still clueless though lol. My mum always said I was a lazy child, and whinged a lot about sore legs when she dragged us off on her very long walks! I was never any good at PE or gymnastics or anything and just put it down to being a non-flexible person!

What was the info you were reading? It would be interesting to see what it says. A lot of the websites on fibro do say that many people seem to have a predisposition for things like fibro and all it takes is some kind of trauma or illness to trigger the fibro off - many people have had no symptoms until things like a car accident and whiplash. Some cancers are like that - lie dormant until a bump, and then it becomes active. The human body is still such a mystery so much of the time!
armanisgirl
UKFM Member

Postby auroura » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:51 pm

yes i had it really badly when i was about 5 i think, can you post what article or info you have that connects them together please, would be interested.
Sharon

Bad is never good until worse happens
auroura
UKFM Member

Postby luuluu » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:25 pm

Hi

Someone at work had mentioned to me they had seen something linking rhematic fever and scarlet fever to fibro but she didn't know where so I just googled 'scarlet fever fibromyalgia' and there was quite a few sites saying there could be a link. I have put my fibro down to a horse riding accident but whe I think about it I have migraines from 11/12 years old, was always tired and couldnt do a lot of runnin around in PE at school. Maybe its always been there but the riding accident made it worse. I'm not sure. I'm still trying to find answers to this god awful thing in the vain hope of finding a way to get rid of it :roll:

luuluu
xxxxx
what other people think of me is really none of my business
luuluu
UKFM Member

Postby lizbet » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:17 pm

Hi, I had scarletina when I was about 8 yrs old. When I think back since then I have always had tiredness and aches and pains that were just put down to growing up.
lizbet
UKFM Member

Postby sammyd » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:29 pm

Wow, yes I had Scarletina as a child too. I always suffered from what my doctor called growing pains from about the age of 7 or 8. He told my mum I was trying to get off school (in the middle of the summer holidays!!) My legs and arms were a constant source of pain when growing up, my knee joints used to lock together and my groin was absolute agony, I was always at the doctors. I have also had Shingles later on in life which I believe has also been possibly linked to FM too. Unfortunely, I have been involved in a few car accidents too resulting in whiplash, and had a number of surgeries, so I think I pretty much tick every box when it comes to possible triggers for FM.

Sam
sammyd
UKFM Member

Postby jay79 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:26 pm

hiya :D
i had scarlet fever when i was about 7/8,how strange is this??
both my parents are no longer here so im going to get a copy of my med files.
jayne
:hugs:
jay79
UKFM Member

Postby hamstergirl » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:55 pm

I've never had scarlet fever but had whooping cough when i was small.

I had a really bad chest infection when i was 22 and i had whiplash from a car accident when i was 24. I had a month of work about 3 months before my accident because of terrible arm pains and fatigue but looking back i started with pains in my back when i was 17.

It would be nice if we knew what caused this condition and have a drug made which eases all our symptons
hamstergirl
UKFM Member

Postby jay79 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:48 pm

i had whooping cough aswell,it was awfull.
my parents didnt let me have the immunisation,cant remember what it was called sorry
has everyone been immunised??
jay79
UKFM Member

Postby jan8787 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:18 pm

hi
i was just reading all your posts and everything you said is the same as what i had when i was younger.
i had scarlet fever at 8 years of age and from what i was told was quite poorley with it, i also had mumps,german measels,and whooping cough all within a few years of having scarlet fever.
i also had a collapsed lung when i was 12 and i was in hospital for a long time.
so all of this could of stayed dormat and when i had a car crash in 2004 it stated the fibro off in 2008? could this be possible?
janice
jan8787
UKFM Member

Postby rosie66 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:47 pm

Yes,i had scarlet fever or scarletina when i was 5 yr or 6yr,apparently i was very ill with it :mrgreen:
rosie66
UKFM Regular

Postby Tapestry » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:53 pm

Hi, ive recently been diagnosed with FM but it was a visit to the GP in April that started the diagnosis off.I had a rash from had to toe and he diagnosed scarlet fever but after I kept coming back with the rash he was more interested in the joint pains which I had for years. He said that the symptoms of FM can sometimes be the same as scarlet fever but its def FM and your body reacting to a bad flare-up.
Lorraine
Tapestry
UKFM Newbie

Next

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems