scarlet fever, scarletina

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: scarlet fever, scarletina

Postby Hedgewitch » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:12 am

Yep,

I had scarletina when I was 5 and I read somewhere that there was a link with FMS -it makes sense because that's when my 'growing pains' started. Funnily enough my mum had never heard of any of her friends kids rolling about in pain and crying because their legs hurt so much!!

xxxx
'to thine own self be true'
Hedgewitch
UKFM Member

Postby bookworm » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:04 pm

I had scarletina at 13 and I got chicken pox at 27 - wonder if that is linked in any way too. :roll:
bookworm
UKFM Member

Postby swampiesue » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:04 pm

Hi yes I had Scarlet fever when I was in my early teens, I strongly suspect my mum has fibromyalgia too and she had had it.
swampiesue
UKFM Member

Postby science » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:21 am

I had scarletina when I was 25. Diagnosed with FM /ME at 28. I had post viral syndrome at age 14. I think we are more likely to get scarletina as we have a poor immne system. I think it is more likely thsat we get ill more often due to the FM rather than a virus triggering the FM.

Both times when my ME/FM has flared up big time have been very shortly after vaccines.

I was recently also told by my dentist that I had measles as a child and she could see it in the discolouration I had in certain teeth (!) I checked with my mum and I had it quite badly when I was about 2 years old, just AFTER I had had the childhood vaccine for it!

A doctor said to me once that he thinks some people jsut dont have the ability to deal with viruses very well and cant fight them off. In both cases when my FM/ME has flared up, my white blod cell count has dropped to becoming mily to moderately neutropenic (very few neutrophils) which is the opposite to what should happen (white blood cells should increase not decrease when you have an infection).
xx
science
UKFM Newbie

Postby miss daisy » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:35 am

hi guys :wave:

very interesting topic, i didn't have scarlet fever that i know of, however i was extremeley ill with whooping cough, apparently i was taking pennicillan for a long time, in those days it was a white medicine.

as a newly diagnosed person by gp yet to be confirmed by the rheumy(got appointment for 22nd july, finally), and after reading loads of information, i have kinda of related mine to having a hysterectomy at age 26 which turned out to be a traumatic experience including a four pint blood transfusion. who knows :dunno: .

take care

:hugs:
miss daisy
UKFM Member

Postby angelwear » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:44 am

Hi, I also had scarlet fever and measles together when i was 5 and was very ill for a while. I started with FM after having 3 ops in a week due to a kidney stone being lodged. I was in hospital for 3 weeks within 3 days of being discharged i was diagnosed with slap cheek , i have never felt so ill and ended up on steroids with a low white blood cell count.
It makes me wonder if a virus could start the onset of FM? Although looking back i have had problems most of my life with pains and stiffness .When i was young it was put down to "growing" pains and when i got older it was "my age" might have been FM all along?
Julie :wave:
angelwear
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems