fainting?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

fainting?

Postby psycho mum » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:05 pm

hi folks

after having nearly a week off work coz i was feeling in so much pain (some of you may of
read my "i want to sream")

well i went back to work yesterday feeling better but not fantastic - it seemed a bit of a bad eye focus day - anyway only been there 40 mins and i passed out! and then 30 mins later when they were going to take me home guuess what? i fainted again-never before have i fainted!

the 1st aider called the paramedics who check me out-heart blood pressure,blood sugar all ok
si i went home and went to our same day clinic to see a doctor-well to say she was useless is an understatement in fact she was more interested in the builders! she did nothing not even take my blood pessure - just sent me home . so i asked to see anotherr doctor and was told no due to their "ethic policy"

anyway feel bit better today but still lightheaded a not to happy to go out incase it happens again

sorry going on here a bit to much - does anyone else experience fainting?
oh and 1 thing more - i just cant stop eating today either

thanks
psycho mum
UKFM Member

Re: fainting?

Postby shazq » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:35 pm

Sorry to hear about the fainting, that must of been scary for you.
Did you eat yesterday?.
take things easy today, i am very surprised the GP did not take your blood pressure, i would of thought they would have done some bloods tests.
Is there another GP you can see at your surgery? just make another appointment with a different GP.
I only have 1 GP at our surgery, lucky he is brill

Hope you are feeling better now. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:40 pm

Alot of things can cause you to faint...

A drop in blood pressure is a main one PLUS viruses/infections/medications/suger levels/dehydration etc...

If your run down and not sleeping also not eating properly....

How are you feeling now?
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby luuluu » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:57 pm

I havnt' actually fainted but have come close too with my 'funny turns' where I go all wobbly inside, feel sick and dizzy and hot. The doc tested me for everything again including sugar and all blood tests came back normal and my blood pressure is always a steady 130/80 so he has no idea why this happens. :roll:

However, I have a theory that I actually just run out of energy :? I had a funny turn at work a couple of days ago and it was after I'd had a busy half an hour rushing about sorting something out. Suddenly I felt sick and dizzy, my legs turned to jelly and I though oh oh here we go. I had to sit and sip a glass of water for about 10 minutes till it passed. I have found in the past that eating something sugary helps which is why I thought it may be my blood sugar but as thats fine I can only conclude that sugary food help to replace the energy.

Just my thoery though , I havnt mentioned it to the doc he already thinks im bonkers :crazy: but cant think of another explanation.

take care

luuluu
xxxxx
what other people think of me is really none of my business
luuluu
UKFM Member

Postby Sunbeam » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:45 pm

Luuluu, thank you for describing what i feel 2 -3 three times a day, most severely in the evenings. The only respite is to go lie down and have a sleep but can wake feeling the same. Its quite frightening and i still havent got used it.
Sunbeam
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems