new to all this [sorry bit long]

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

new to all this [sorry bit long]

Postby jennyb » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:51 pm

hi

About 8mth ago i started to feel ill, mostly aching and tired, went to dr he said as my mother has artrtis it is more then likely that, but i knew t wasn't. In the mean time i hurt my back and as i wasn't getting any where with that i went private and got that sorted out but told that dr about the pain i was in so he done X,ray's and bloods every thing come back negative, at that point i burst in to tears saying no one belives the pain im in i can't go on like this etc, with that he said i know this great rhuematoid doc,go and see her and she will find out wot is wrong.

Get my app on tuesday to go and see her and after a thourugh examanation she said wot did i think it was, well i had been on the internet and come up with lupus or thyroid.

She said have you heard of fibromyatoid, which i said no she said that's wot i think you have got. She did lots of bloods and xray's to make sure it's not any thing else.

Come straight home and looked it up on the internet, there it was me all the stuff i have been living with for years, sensitive to smell,taste, too hot or too cold, memory loss saying things that don't make sense, the list just goes on and on.

Wot i want to know now is could i have had this for years without the pain and then when my back went this pain and tired thing come on.

And i have to have an op on the tendon in my shoulder soon will i feel more pain then other people when i have thing done like this.

my kind regards

jennyb
jennyb
UKFM Member

Re: new to all this [sorry bit long]

Postby Gracie » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:55 pm

Hi jenny

Im new here too just a few weeks and i have to say at the moment it is a live saver. Everyone great and lots of good advice.

yOur story is very similar to mine i have always been the king of person who tires very easily but since christmas was getting worse and worse and put my symptoms into computere which led me to here. But to get back to what i was going to say sorri strayed a bit there i hurt my back about 8 weeks ago at work i work in a nursing home so very heavy lifting and since that i have just gone down hill and has some very bad days.

Im still a long way of form seeing a rheumy but my GP is fantgastci after a few others who just told me to get a grip of my self, im getting there.

Love Gracie :hugs:
Gracie
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:04 pm

Hi Jenny
Sorry to hear you have fibro.
It can take yrs before we get DX with fibro, there are still lots of GP`s who don't know much about fibro.
No one truly knows now it all starts, some say it could be due to our nervous system giving the brain the wrong signals.
There are many symptoms to fibro, but if you get any new pains it`s always best to get it checked out because it might not be connected to fibro.

It is normally DX by a Rheumy.
Are you on painkillers? they are lots to try.
Any other questions just ask.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby gillshutt » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:54 am

HI and welcome to the site :wave:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems