sicky feeling

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

sicky feeling

Postby armanisgirl » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:26 pm

Hi.

Hoping someone can advise me here. I've had this yukky sicky feeling in my stomach for days now. I had though it could be heartburn or similar, but indigestion remedies are having no effect. I haven't been able to eat much for about 3 days now, and constantly have a sort of bile taste in the back of my throat. I also feel quite bloated, stomach does look a bit bloated, and am tender in the abdomen if pressure put on it. Thought maybe a bug of some sort, but I'm usually lucky and manage to avoid sicky bugs.

I have had a look at the medical books and NHS website, and it's pointing towards possibly being gall bladder/liver problem. On looking at some of the symptoms related to liver problems, I noticed red or mottled palms as being a sign of a liver problem. I have mottled palms on both hands, that are so red looking I've been asked many times what's wrong with my hands or have I burned them, and always said I dunno why they're like that, but have been for years now.

I'm not in pain as such, just feel very unwell, and while collecting kids from school over the last two days, have felt a bit weak and faint, and as though I can feel the colour draining from my face (not that I've had a lot of colour in my face for a long time now). I don't look jaundiced or anything like that, but am starting to worry enough that I'm going to phone the doctors on Monday morning.

Would this be part of fibro or something totally unrelated? Has anyone else had similar symptoms, and if so, what was the diagnosis/treatment? The one thing that stops me from thinking it could be liver related is there is no history of liver problems in the family (kidney problems but I've had kideny infections before and this isn't like that) and I rarely drink - when I do, 3 drinks is enough for me, so I know it's not alcohol related.

Any suggestions/experiences would help, but will let you know outcome after I've been to GP.
armanisgirl
UKFM Member

Re: sicky feeling

Postby loubie » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:39 pm

hi :wave:
sorry can't help with this one best to see your gp
just wonted to wish you well an hope you feel better soon
loubie x :hugs:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:45 pm

Hello
I would make an appointment to see your GP. All new symptoms should be checked out.
I know lots of things are connected to fibro, but not everything. So best to get it checked.

If you are worried and cant wait until Monday, call NHS Direct, they might be able to give you advice on what it might be.

It might even be connected to IBS, you get bloating, feel sick, stomach larger then normal.
Constipation can cause these type of symptoms as well.

Hope you get it sorted. good luck
Let us know now you get on.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby gillshutt » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:11 am

You should go and get it checked out in case it's an ulcer or something. ((xx))
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby armanisgirl » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:39 pm

Thanks for replies :)

I've to get loads of bloods done (again :( ) but general feeling at present is that it's possibly IBS, and also the return of (not sure of spelling but hope this is close lol) helicolbactor pylori bacterium in my stomach, which I've had previously, and which can apparently come back even though I was previously told the previous treatment would cure it. Due to the redness on palms, the bloods are being done to rule out liver problems. In the meantime, lansoprazole for the sicky feeling. I've to go back in 2 weeks to get blood results and see how I'm getting on.

Thanks again for responses, it helps knowing I'm not alone even when I do feel very alone at times. :grouphug: for all xx
armanisgirl
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems