Meniers Disease Does Anyone Suffer?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Meniers Disease Does Anyone Suffer?

Postby darracott149 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:39 pm

HI just wondered if anyone else sufferers with meniers with there FMS

I have bilatral in ears, very severe at the moment would love to know if anyone out there has the same?

Big fibro hugs to all XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

edit capitals, please do not use capitals as it can be seen as a form of shouting.... thank you Lisa :wink:
darracott149
UKFM Newbie

Re: Meniers Disease Does Anyone Suffer?

Postby gillshutt » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:06 am

I was checked out for this but despite having dizzy spells and constant tinnitus they said I don't have it and my hearing is ok.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby Doodah » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:39 pm

Yeah have had it for YEARS. Take serc-8. Kind of helps but the tinnitus aspect of it is the worst.
Doodah
UKFM Newbie

Postby PennyBlack » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:01 pm

I'm currently under investigation for my dizziness and tinnitis. Saw ENT consultant back in April, had CT scan of head in May, then had to attend another hospital 30 miles away in June for balancing tests, that appointment went on for 2 hours :? I've got another appointment with the consultant in August. So I still don't know what's wrong with me and the waiting is awful. I've asked my GP if she's had a letter from the GP and she hasn't heard anything so can't tell me anything. It shouldn't take this long to know what the results of a CT scan are. In the hospital I had it done a notice said you get the results in 3 weeks unless the consultant wants to see you again in which case you'll be sent another appointment. The worry is driving me mad :(
PennyBlack
UKFM Member

Postby winterguardmumma » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:08 pm

Hi.
Yes i have had bilateral Menieres for 9 years now and take prochloperazine for the nausea and dissiness :)
winterguardmumma
UKFM Member

Postby Schip » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:10 pm

Yes been a bilateral sufferer for 15 yrs, have to go med free due to reactions, Serc caused sever stomach pains, Stemitel triggered attacks and cina something or other saw me comatose for hrs!

I can't stay long in government buildings due to the lighting systems triggering an attack, so hospital, council offices, police station and GP's so far have all seen me swaying like a drunk bouncing off walls and grabbing anything to stay upright. Had an MRI in Dec big problems as I can't lay on my back without a serious attack, sure enough I couldn't walk when it was over and they were very nice did it as quickly as possible frightend them half to death I can tell you. Trouble for me is if my system gets that stressed it seems to kill my immune system and I end up on antibiotics for about 3 mths, happend twice now after MRI scans.
Schip
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems