My head is killing me

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

My head is killing me

Postby Doughnut » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:40 am

Morning all

I am having such a bad day... my head hurts sooo much and my feet have swollen ( not sure why either ). My neck is hurting too and I have just changed over to the Durogesic patches so surely it would help take these pains away! I didn't get any sleep till 5 am and then only 3hours of which I kept waking with pain and my feet which I couldnt get comfy.

I can't wait for today to be over :( :( :(
Doughnut
UKFM Member

Re: My head is killing me

Postby shazq » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:25 pm

You should go to see your GP, they will be able to offer you advice and you might need to change your meds.
I know how you feel, i get migraine's very often, i feel like :banghead:

This heat don't help causing us to lose sleep, which in turn makes us grumpy.
Think you should go see the GP, the heat can make your feet swell, i have that too.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Re: My head is killing me

Postby armanisgirl » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:40 pm

Ooooo I get these kind of days! The one thing I can suggest is going for naps during the day. Take whatever painkillers you are allowed (I usually take my migraine tablets), go upstairs, close the curtains and get into bed for a couple of hours. By the time I wake up, the headaches is usually gone, though I still feel dopey til bedtime, but at least the pain has gone. I can't doze lying on the bed for some reason, so always go into bed, though I often am able to doze on the couch lol.

Hope you're feling better soon. Keep your feet elevated if you can for the swelling as well. (At least we now have a genuine excuse for putting our feet up! :lol: ) and try to somehow keep cool (if that's at all possible this week!) Drink lots of fluids too ( water, as tea/coffe etc aren't classed as fluids) and try not to dehydrate.
armanisgirl
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems