My poor chin looks like a volcano :(

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

My poor chin looks like a volcano :(

Postby auroura » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:42 am

I was lucky as a teenager, i have dry sensitive skin, but never really got spots at all. I have no idea whats brought it on, i have a boil like thing on back of my neck and i have a huge lump which is almost the size of my entire chin, its painful, i have had to try and relive the pain by gently, with a tissue trying to release whatever is in it, but just clear fluids coming out. I have about 5 areas where i have tried to (sort it out) ? wondering if its because i am sweating so really badly atm. To the point my whole head is wet and its dripping off my face, I am soo fed up with this. Any ideas anyone.
Sharon

Bad is never good until worse happens
auroura
UKFM Member

Re: My poor chin looks like a volcano :(

Postby velvet » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:39 am

i would see the doctor - sorry thats all i can think of. if i get a lump that hurts applying really hot compresses usually brings it to a head so it can be burst.

right at the start when i first got ill i did have a huge lump that eventually started free draining pus, it was thought to be actinomycosis but tests were negative (as they were for everything i might add) and it had to be surgically removed.

this is a picture of someone with a lump like mine before it started draining - however it was not painful just very unpleasant
http://pathmicro.med.sc.edu/mycology/actino-lump.jpg

i guess if your lump is like this you might want to google actinomycosis but definately see your doctor
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby auroura » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:28 pm

Well i went to docs, apart from the painful lump on my chin i have a few others they are all around my hairline, mainly under the back of my hair, but my neck, i hadnt seen one, but as i sat in docs room i said i have something painful on my neck, she looked, and my daughter did too, saying it was a huge red spot like thing with yellow pus in the middle. She had no idea what it was, ended up getting another gp. He also didnt really know what it was, i have antibiotics to take, i have to go straight back if, they either dont go, get worse, or start spreading, wonderful another stupid thing i have to sort out. I cant even blame this one on fibro lol.
Sharon

Bad is never good until worse happens
auroura
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:47 pm

They sound painful, hope the anti-bots work.
Keep us updated.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems