hello

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hello

Postby jan8787 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:49 pm

hi
last night i woke up with like a lump in my throat where adams apple is, i can swallow ok and dont have a sore throat so i wonder what this is?a couple of days before i was taking peppermint oil in a tablet for ibs and for bloating i bought this from boots.
its just feels like a lump stuck in my throat and i cant get rid of it.
i brought up some flem today but it was clear.
i dont have any neck problems right now and i dont have swollen glands
anybody know why this has happend? and what can i do for it? do i need to see my doctor?
i keedp thinking my throat is going to close up and this is making me feel worse.
thank you
jan
jan8787
UKFM Member

Re: hello

Postby gillshutt » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:55 pm

It might just be a muscle spasm which is taking a while to go.. I would go and see your gp about it though ((xx))
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:14 pm

You best to see your GP about it if it does not clear, it`s always best to get new symptoms checked, as it might not be connected to fibro.

Hope you feel better soon. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:55 am

Hi

This was one of my firat ever FM symptoms...The lump in the throat feeling.

I was up & down the doctors, i gargled painkillers had 4 different sorts of antibiotics :yikes: and it was still there :dunno:

Everytime i ate it got worse and when i layed down for bed.

It was very frightening.

It worked out to be the the throat muscles tensing. I was very stiff around the neck/jaw & shoulders tightening the throat muscles.

I started having regular physio & i wear a mouthguard at night and iv never had it since.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby jan8787 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:40 pm

hi
and thanks to everyone who replied
i tried to get an appointment at the doctors but nothing till next week
since i read the last post i will leave it now as it sounds like thats what this was its so weired though.its not there now just gone and i was coughing a lot and coughed up flem clear flem.it was so worring and on sunday i couldnt call a doc out.
can anyone tell me why this happens did i do anything to make it happen?
i have had problems with an infection in my saliva glands but that was over a month before this and when i went back to the dentist he said the infection had gone that was a few weeks ago.
iam seeing the physio next week so will tell her.why do you where a mouthguard what does it do?.iam not stiff around the neck or jaw but awhile ago my jaw did hurt but not with the lump thing.
the other thing if anyone can help with is my bowels i never had problems before but since i have the FM i have got irritable bowel syndrome my bowels only work if i take fibrogel i eat veg and fruit but i get bloating every day my stomache is just massive and i have loads of wind from getting up till going to bed i get pains in my belly that come and go.i bought peppermint oil from boots and would like to know if thats ok to take or would i be better off with something else any advice would be welcome.i have put on weight and i know this doesnt help so iam trying to loose it but nothing so far but i will keep on trying.
thank you
jan :D
jan8787
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:50 pm

:wave:

The mouthguard relaxes the muscles around the jaw and stops any clenching/grinding.

It helps with FM & TMJ symptoms like facial & neck pain.

IBS is a very commen assosiated condition as the nerves round the gut are effected and tenses the stomach muscles...

I was told by my GP a drug called citelopram (anti-d) can help as it relaxes the stomach easing IBS symptoms
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems