Ear Pain with head pain

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Ear Pain with head pain

Postby sheebee » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:21 pm

Hi started with a funny buzzing/clicking noise in my ear last week and now got real bad head pain especially on the left side it feels numb and my ear feels as if it stuffed with cotton wool. Have had the facial/head pain before like numbness but not so much ear pain. The right ear only slightly uncomfortable. The pain from my ear seems to enter my jaw as well making it feel numb. Does anyone else suffer from this. :cry:
sheebee
UKFM Member

Re: Ear Pain with head pain

Postby *Lisa* » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:12 pm

Hi

Yes i do but see GP to rule out any wax/infection.

I have regular Hopi Candles/Physio and wear a mouthguard to help ease symptoms
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby rosie66 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:38 pm

Yes i have,before i knew i had fibro,i went to the Dr's,had my ears syringed,(no effect),then had a hearing test,because i didn't hear so good,and was told that theres noting wrong with my ears,and beleive it or not i passed the hearing test,i get ear ache ,head aches,sometimes mygraines most days :mrgreen:
rosie66
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:12 pm

HI
I had buzzing in my ears a few weeks back, it lasted for a few days.

If you are having pain going from your ear on to your face it could be an ear infection.
You should let your GP take a look, just to be on the safe side.

Good luck.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby garetjax » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:55 pm

rosie66 wrote:Yes i have,before i knew i had fibro,i went to the Dr's,had my ears syringed,(no effect),then had a hearing test,because i didn't hear so good,and was told that theres noting wrong with my ears,and beleive it or not i passed the hearing test,i get ear ache ,head aches,sometimes mygraines most days :mrgreen:

your words but my life ive had the same problem for decade's the onlything that stops this for me!
is antibiotics & or chew/ crush pain killers on my teeth id rather take antibiotics like you its alway starts on the left side mine was so bad once that i crushed myown teeth they shattered so much pressure in me head i take one 500mg cefalexin at night & have been doing for nearly 6yrs
everytime i stop it explodes again,
Forsan miseros meliora sequentur - For those in misery perhaps better things will follow
garetjax
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems