Burning feet at night - FMS related?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Burning feet at night - FMS related?

Postby greeneyesblue » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:43 pm

I'm sick and tired of not being able to sleep because it seems the instant I get into bed my feet flare up. It feels like they've been plunged in really hot water. My boyfriend says they're not hot to touch, but the slightest touch to them or the slightest heat is incredibly intense. It only really happens at night. Any other FMS sufferers get this? :crazy:
greeneyesblue
UKFM Member

Re: Burning feet at night - FMS related?

Postby princess » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:04 pm

No sorry i dont get that, but someone on the forum should be able to help you.
Sorry your getting such distressing symptoms - fbro is a strange disease.
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby *Lisa* » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:04 pm

Burning pain can be assosiated to FM...

Gabapentin is a good drug to ease sypmtoms.

Apart from that i get burning feet if iv overdone things like walked to much or stood around too long.....or when my Raynauds is playing up.

:crazy:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby gillshutt » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:58 pm

Yes I get this... not nice, I usually end up with them stuck out of the covers as I can't stand the duvet touching them. Gabapentin does help a bit but doesn't get rid :(
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:41 pm

I have just started to get this in my feet, i feel like needles are being stuck in my feet, i have been getting it throughout the day.

Not sure what is its, but hope it goes away soon, it hurts.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby smiler22 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:29 pm

just a thing ive thought. could you do it so you dont tuck your sheets in so your feet are freeer and also possible do it so that your feet are out of the bottom of tehe bed.

also you can get some cooling foot spray that may help. i think you can get this from boots.
live life to the full as life is what you make itxx
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Postby miajane » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:18 am

Hi,
I get this in my feet almost every night, I also get it in my legs but not so often. I always have my feet stuck out of the bed I've found rubbing loads of moisturiser on them helps it bit. I don't rub it in completely leaving a layer on the skin seems to cool them down.
Hope that helps
Take care
Mia xx
'Needles on your nerve ends crawl like spiders on the skin' - Enemy within by Rush
miajane
UKFM Member

Postby greeneyesblue » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:02 pm

Wow, glad I'm not going nuts :) I told the doc and he's doing nerve conduction tests just to make sure.
Thanks for all your help :grouphug:
greeneyesblue
UKFM Member

Postby shrimp » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:14 pm

yeh i often have to have my feet out of the covers........my partner always used to moan my feet were always freezing.........not anymore....

shrimp xx
I like to make people laugh xxx
shrimp
UKFM Member

Postby Susieq » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:14 pm

I get burning soles of my feet and palms of hands from time to time. My rheumy is aware of it but said Hmmmmph... :lol:

:dunno:
Susan x
Susieq
UKFM Member

Postby lauramath » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:59 pm

I had this very badly in 2007. I went to the doctor who was miffed by the symptoms, I had blood work and was severly deficient in B-12.

Please look into B-12 deficiency and see if you have any other symptoms, it can be quite debilitating, and causes neuropathy, exhaustion, chemical sensitivity, and more....

If you feel you may suffer from a deficiency, you can take sublingual B-12. If you are deficient it is because it is not being processed properly, so you must disolve the pill under the tongue to be absorbed through the blood vessels there. Some people don't respond to that either though, and they need shots. Lucky for me, sublingual is sufficient!
lauramath
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems