Fibro/Boils/HS

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Fibro/Boils/HS

Postby Mygel2 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:06 am

Hi all,

Wondering if I could do a little poll to see if any of you suffer from HS (Hidradenitis Suppurativa) or recurrent boils? I read somewhere that HS might be a fibro associated condition. If any of you suffer from recurrent boils or HS I hope you'll let me know.

Love hugs and positive energy to all
Mygel x
Mygel2
UKFM Newbie

Re: Fibro/Boils/HS

Postby *Lisa* » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:46 am

:wave:

To do a Poll...

When you create a Topic scroll down under the submit and theres a few more options like upload attatchment etc...

There should be one that says create poll :mrgreen:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby sammi » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:07 pm

Hi :) , Yep i get boils all the time :( . Really bad ones that hurt . Mine are on my face neck and chest. :hugs: sammi
The happiest people dont necesarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything that comes their way.......
sammi
UKFM Member

Postby sandra knight » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:36 pm

Hi, havnt been on this site for ages! just had to reply to your note about boils. I have several which are recurrent. They fill up like a balloon and are very painful. have had anti biotice from doc but even when taking medication i have had 2 more pop up so have given up now. i wish there was some way to get rid of them as they hurt when i walk ( i have them on my private parts and legs ). if anybody knows how to stop them or any help i would be grateful of your help! cheers san :x :x
sandra knight
UKFM Newbie

Postby Mygel2 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:05 am

Sammi and Sandra .... sorry to hear you suffer from boils too. I personally find them to be painful and embarrassing, so often people assume that boils are due to poor hygiene which is most definitely wrong. Sandra, yours definitely sounds like Hidradenitis, the most common places for the boils/lumps/spots/sores to appear are the underarms, chest, groin, upper thighs and bottom, areas where there are apocrine glands, Sammi not as sure about yours, chest is a common area to be affected but not so much face and neck. Try tumeric capsules and zinc gluconate. You can buy them from health food shops eg, Holland and Barrett. Be aware the Zinc can cause nausea, I tried 50mgs at first and it made me feel so ill, have now gone down to 15mgs which I'm coping with. I highly recommend you try them though, on HS support sites it is very popular.

All the best
Mygel
Mygel2
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:28 am

They sound very painful, sorry to hear that you keep getting them.
I dont suffer with them.

I had a large abscess
i had to have drained in the op room, that was so painful.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby dollydaydream » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:47 am

Alas I get frequent visits from the boil fairy!

Since I have diabetes, it has always been linked with that. Sometimes the doctor calls it 'folliculitis' but it amounts to the same thing. I also get alot of hair plugs, which I think are related.

I get so many boils I have fucidin on repeat now! I just ring up and tell them I want it and out pops a prescreiption!

Ho hum
Sending you love and light

Sarah xxx
dollydaydream
UKFM Member

Postby sandra knight » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:07 pm

Hi Mygel, thank you so much for the advice. I will certainly be getting some tumeric and zinc to try. hope you all have a good weekend. i will let you know how i get on. take care san x
sandra knight
UKFM Newbie

Postby matthew » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:25 pm

Yes I have boils sometimes. I a big one on my nose last week and it was embarrassing. I was waiting for the first person to call me Rudolph. :x
"I'd rather struggle through life with my eyes open than sail through life with them closed"
matthew
UKFM Member

Postby traceyb » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:30 pm

Hi, i was diagnosed with chronic HS about 7 yrs ago :( , had op a few times to drain them, even been offered breast reduction as i have them very bad there, three weeks ago i was told i had FM, still trying to come to terms with it ,the pain is terrible an so many symptoms seem to be appearing IBS,dry mouth suffering with ulcers,arms and legs feeling like they a lead weights, my balance seems to be going along with my memory lol, Terrible Shakes.... dont know if this is part of FM ? :shock:

trace x :yikes:
traceyb
UKFM Member

Postby princess P » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:32 pm

Hi I used to suffer badly from boils under my arm and on my bum I tryed lots of things and eventually a dermatologist prescribed me an antibiotic called doxycycline and it has worked wonders have bn on it for about 3 years, tryed to come off it for a while but boils came back so im on it long-term. It seems to suit me and I can wear sleevless tops again (not that i ever go out) :lol:
Hi any one I have a preliminary diagnosis of chronic widespread pain syndrome, whatever that is but g.p. is convinced its F.M. Sending out good vibes to all . x
princess P
UKFM Member

Postby Leannellie » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:02 pm

I too get boils!! Got one come up above my knee this morning!! :( I'm going thru a very bad flare at moment. In so much pain feel like crying
Comfort in sound it's all around, ease back the strain, come heal your pain.
Leannellie
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:23 pm

:shock: This topics nearly 5 years old! :shock: just shows me how long iv been modding on this forum for :shock: OK totaly unrelated! gone right off topic whoops!... :tongueout:

Leannellie wrote:I too get boils!! Got one come up above my knee this morning!! :( I'm going thru a very bad flare at moment. In so much pain feel like crying

Hope you feel better soon :hugs:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby helen.whittaker.125 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:06 pm

Yep under arms stomach bum legs back :( they hurt like hell and then stink to high heaven like dead flesh when they burst. I've always been prone to them right from when I was a kid :(

BB Helen xx
BB Helen x
helen.whittaker.125
UKFM Member

Postby Leannellie » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:48 pm

*Lisa* wrote::shock: This topics nearly 5 years old! :shock: just shows me how long iv been modding on this forum for :shock: OK totaly unrelated! gone right off topic whoops!... :tongueout:

Leannellie wrote:I too get boils!! Got one come up above my knee this morning!! :( I'm going thru a very bad flare at moment. In so much pain feel like crying

Hope you feel better soon :hugs:

I know!!! I googled boils to see if they were related to fibro and this came up!! Yet another symptom it would seem!!! God I hate this disease!!
Comfort in sound it's all around, ease back the strain, come heal your pain.
Leannellie
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems