Candida (Yeast) & FMS

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Candida (Yeast) & FMS

Postby abelarde » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:13 pm

I did a search for the above in this forum, unfortunately I was not able to post a reply as it was locked :cry:

Anyway, I was reading this book titled Fibromalgia & Muscle Pain by Leon Chaitow and he mentioned the relation between the two.

I had my first encounter of fungi (not candida, but trichomonal) during my first pregmancy in June 1996. The Dermatologist did a culture and said it is STD. My husband was tested but result was negative! The symptoms were agonising, it came and go every month during my three pregnancies between 1996 to 2004. I have to use Nystatin pessary for 2 weeks, rest for 2 weeks, then the fungu would come again. After my three pregnancies it still stays, however the frequency get less & symptoms become less severe, but later the culture result showed Candida :dunno: .

My Gynae & Derm Drs were very puzzled with my condition, I don't have sweet tooth (Annual blood sugar always below 6mmol/l), I rarely take anti-biotics, not on steroids or Pill. My Drs don't know what is the reason behind it till today!

Maybe I should watch what I eat.
Last edited by abelarde on Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
abelarde
UKFM Member

Re: Candida (Yeast) & FMS

Postby miajane » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:57 pm

Hi,
If you do have a yeast infection it think it would be a good idea to avoid those foods that can make it worse. I think this can vary from person to person, but foods that contain yeast should be avoided.
I'm not an expert but there is loads of info on the web if you google candida.
Take care
Mia xx
'Needles on your nerve ends crawl like spiders on the skin' - Enemy within by Rush
miajane
UKFM Member

Postby abelarde » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:29 am

Hi Mia,
I saw your reply & link, went to the link and found it quite informative, thanks!
I will watch what I eat from today.
abelarde
UKFM Member

Postby miajane » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:56 am

Hi,
Glad to be some help, some of the symptoms of candida are similar to fibro, if you have a yeast infection and can get rid of it you may feel a bit better. Though it won't cure the fibro every little helps doesn't it?
Don't get too disappointed if a change of diet doesn't get rid of your symptoms, you may have been wrongly dx with fibro and just have candida in which case a change of diet will really help. If you do have fibro though no change in diet will help, eating healthily is always good but don't believe those articles that tell you fibro can be cured by a diet change.
Many people with fibro have other conditions in which they have to watch what they eat but they still have fibro.
Good luck
Mia xx
'Needles on your nerve ends crawl like spiders on the skin' - Enemy within by Rush
miajane
UKFM Member

Postby abelarde » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:12 pm

I was dx wi FMS and is on duloxetine & topiramate now. Pregabalin & gabapentin did'nt work for me, even duloxetine works a litter (better than not), but topiramate is a wonder drug! My tension headache has not not come back since I started taking it, and it help loose weight too:D .
My fibro is not too bad, I still can brisk walk on threadmill. My main problem is I can't sleep well, it would be a blessing if I could slept through the night without waking up.
I went for accupunture last Saturday, and I was able to sleep better that night. I will continue to do it once a week.
Thanks Mia & you take care too
:hugs:
abelarde
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems