hello

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hello

Postby jan8787 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:29 pm

The last couple of days i have been coughing up flem i havent got a chest infection just loads of flem and its worse at night iam trying to bring it up but sometimes i cant. has anybody else had this and if so did they find out what it was and how to cope with this.i cant to see my doctor till next week.
on a different note last monday i started having low stomache pain like period pain but no period its quite painfull and hurts when i walk.iam 50 yrs old and i have a mirena coil in this was put in oct 05 i have no problems with it apart from a year after i had abnormal cells and i had to have a biopsy and the strings were cut,but coil was ok.i havent had a period for two yrs but the last few days it feels like a period i have a lot of discharge as well no smell just clear this came with the pain.my doctor did a wee sample but still no results that was two days ago.could this be the coil playing up or my hormones going strange i have been told iam nearly in the meanopause but not yet.
thank you
jan
if anyone can help please let me know.as i said i cant see doc till next week.
jan8787
UKFM Member

Re: hello

Postby miajane » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:12 pm

Hi Jan
Sorry you are not feeling great right now :hugs:
I can't help with the coughing or the flem as I don't have that, have you got a high temp as a sudden cough can be a symptom of swine flu.
I have a mirena coil fitted too and I haven't had a period for years, I've had no problems with mine and apart from the pain of having it replaced earlier this year I wouldn't know it was there.
The pain you're experiencing sounds similar to the pain I had when they replaced it so it may be playing up.
Try phoning NHS direct they will be able to advise you, if the coil has become loose you may need to see someone before next week. Can you get to A & E dept or your local family planning clinic should see you. :hugs:
Take care
mia xx
'Needles on your nerve ends crawl like spiders on the skin' - Enemy within by Rush
miajane
UKFM Member

Postby jan8787 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:22 pm

Hi mia
thank you for your reply
i havent got a high temperture just the flem that comes up so i dont know what that is.
can the coil then suddenly just start playing up and giving me those symptons then?and would it give me discharge? did you feel like you was about to start a period and yet nothing is there? sorry to ask you lots of questions.i will ring nhs direct up now and see what they say.my family clinic is only open on a monday and tuesday great eh.
thank you for your help
jan :)
jan8787
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:05 pm

It's possible (don't know due to you having a coil) that the period pain thing with no period is down to the menopause. I'm just starting to miss periods (I'm 51) and when I miss one I get period pains and an ordinary discharge no actual period :?

I don't know what meds you are on but I had a similar cough and it turned out I had a chest infection but my meds were holding it at bay. If you have an inhaler it can help you to cough up the phlegm. I would go and see your gp just in case. At least you know it's not anything too nasty as you have a productive cough not a dry one.

Gill x
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby miajane » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:21 pm

Hi Jan,
I had a replacement put in earlier this year and my Dr said at the time if there is a problem it will usually be in the first 8 weeks, you've had yours for 4 years so it seems unlikely its just started playing up but best to check.
I'm 40 so not sure about the menopause, as Gill says though it might be, though the mirena is different than most IUD as it contains a hormone which reduces or stops the periods. You are still ovulating it's just that the lining of the womb doesn't thicken.
I was actually fitted with one in the first place because of heavy painful periods that made me anaemic, my dr thought I was too young for a hysterectomy. When it was fitted I had an uncomfortable pulling sensation across my abdomen which later developed into stomach cramps like period pains and I had a very slight discharge, but the following day it was gone.
Hope you get some help with NHS direct and see your Dr as soon as possible, it does seem daft your family planning clinic only being open twice a week. :dunno:
Mia xx
'Needles on your nerve ends crawl like spiders on the skin' - Enemy within by Rush
miajane
UKFM Member

Postby smiler22 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:23 pm

my mum has the mirina coil and she is 53 and she has gone through bouts of having slight periods even with the c oil and then went throiugh th efact that she gets where she thinking she is about to start a period but doesnt shows. she gets the pmt and streesss. and the mood swings etc and feel really rired with tummy pain but nothing. she was told that the mirana coil is to stop periods but there are times that you may bleed..... if you get so every month you bleed or you get bleeding in between and or discharge then you need to get it checked in case of infection, or if its moved or if it is no longer viable. hope this helps xx
live life to the full as life is what you make itxx
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Postby jan8787 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:08 pm

hi and thank you to everyone that replied.
this morningv i went to another family planning clinic out of my area as i didnt want to wait till next week but when i got there they only had a nurse on and she had a look but couldnt see anything and just said that there is clear creamy discharge lots of it and no soreness or redness just that, she said the doctor isnt here today grr i couldnt belive it.
since i was last on i went back to my docs today for results of my wee sample it came back negative,so she took swabs if they come back negative which she said they should then not sure what to do next grr so she doesnt know who does? she is sending me for a scan god knows when that will be, thats to check the coil is still in but not checking for anything else. iam seeing another doc on tuesday he is my doc so i hope he will be better then her.she said keep taking the tramadol and ibroupen, and paracetmol.in the mean time iam in pain and know one knows what it is and loads of discharge.iam going to ask the doc to see a gynaecology.i have had no bleeding nothing like that.its just so strange its just like a period waiting to come on but not coming on,yesterday i felt nearly sick with it.
when i had the coil fitted i had no side effects nothing it felt a bit sore going in but thats all nothing no bleeding no discharge just felt fine untill a few days.the doc couldnt see the threds as they have been cut a few years ago so thats why i got to go for a scan.
the nhs direct said i should see the doctor which i did so not sure what to do from here.
any advice would be welcome
thank you
jan
jan8787
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:33 pm

How about going to A&E? they could see you straight away, maybe could get a scan done straight away too. If it's that bad then I think the sooner it's sorted the better.

Gill x
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby jan8787 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:50 pm

hi gill
yes iam going to A&E
see what hapens will let you know what happens.
take care
jan
x
jan8787
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:01 pm

Good Luck ((xx))
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby miajane » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:21 am

Hi Jan,
Sorry to hear you are still in pain and it's not sorted, hope you have more luck at A & E. :hugs:
Take care
Mia xx
miajane
UKFM Member

Postby jan8787 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:55 am

hiya
i went to A&E they told me that i have to wait for the swabs back and see what happens with that they did an internal but she said she couldnt get to the back of my womb as i have titled womb so very difficult to see anything apart from loads of discarge grr,i asked about a scan but she said they dont do scans at the weekend unless its an emergency so i said well i have been i pain for nearly a week and no one knows what this is but she wouldnt listen so sent me home with more painkillers,iam ringing ultersound tomorrow and say whats been going on.i feel really bad and they just give me painkillers and thats it.
jan
jan8787
UKFM Member

Postby jan8787 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:00 pm

hi everyone
this is just an update on what has been going on so far.
on the sunday night i was so upset and didnt know what to do and on monday morning i rang my social worker and she took me to hospital we got seen quite quick and the doctor said it would be best to keep me in as he wasnt sure what was wrong, she couldnt see the coil and said best to have a scan and more tests, so i had swabs,blood tests and a scan.the docctor said the scan was normal and they saw the coil it was quite high up and a lot of discharge there too.she said there was no fibroids and everything was normal,the blood tests were normal too, she didnt say anything about the swabs so i think they were normal.she said she didnt know what the pain was and if it gets worse i have to go back.iam still waiting for swabs back from family planning which should be tomorrow.the last few days the pain has eased.she thinks i have irritable bowel syndrome but not sure.
iam off to the docs tomorrow and will tell him whats going on.
jan
jan8787
UKFM Member

Postby jan8787 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:59 pm

hi
this is a follow up on what i had before
after i came home from hospital i went to see my doctor he gave me some cream for thrush i did use it but it made no different.
anyway the pain down below stopped like magic so strange, and all through october i had no pain plus i stoped getting hot flushes and not feeling hot at all.
the last two days i had the low pain down below in my stomache like a period again but nothing and i have started getting hot again mostly at night but not hot flushes just hot and the discharge has started again.
last time the scan and the swabs, blood tests everything was negative i also saw a gynecologist so iam going back to my doctor again but he has checked everything and so did the hospital should i ask him to send me to see someone else maybe to see if its the ibs causing it or see someone to do with my stomache iam at a loss right now what to do.
does fibromyaglia cause this type of problem can it effect the stomache?
thank you
janice :needhug:
jan8787
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems