Face Pain

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Face Pain

Postby GeminiGirl » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:10 am

Hi Guys

Just wondering if any of you ever get pains in your face. For the past few days the bones in the left side of my face are so painful, even just to lightly touch. The one just beside my eye got so sore yesterday, like a piercing pain, when I was driving that I had to pull in as it was causing my eye to close and I was crying in pain. The piercing pain only lasted a few minutes but the dull pain all over my face is there most of the time.

This is prob just another symptom of fibro [lucky me] but just wanted to check
GeminiGirl
UKFM Member

Re: Face Pain

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:17 am

:wave:

I have facial pain (TMJ)

Yes its a very commen FM symptom. Make sure with GP its nothing else as a precaution.

:hugs:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby LinzWorld » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:19 am

Talk to your doc as there are a number of thigs it could be even with FIbro and how to treat it will depend on exactly what it is. E.g. Trigeminal neuralgia is treated with neuropathic pain meds, but TMJD and myofascial pain (often one and the same, but TMJD is in the jaw) may be better treated with muscle relaxants, heat and myofascial release.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby smiler22 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:04 pm

i mentioneed this to my dentist the other day as i keep getting pain in my =jaw bones and in the side under my ear. but the dentist just said it isnt being caused by my teeth so it is more than likely the fm. but that hasnt told me anything else. what do i do to stop the pain. and can i actually get any help with it.
live life to the full as life is what you make itxx
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Postby mitchells mum » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:55 pm

hi sometimes i have the most dreadful face pain for about a week

the dr gives me a tablet beginning with t, very helpful arent i!!
judith x
mitchells mum
UKFM Member

Postby lauramath » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:16 pm

Get it all the time in my sinuses, cheek, jaw, and teeth...was taking an american drug (Aleve cold and sinus) every day for years...(not recommended), started taking allergy nasal spray (flonase in the US..Floxinase or something here)..this does help cut the edge off, but is still an ongoing issue for me.
lauramath
UKFM Member

Postby garetjax » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:02 pm

lauramath wrote:Get it all the time in my sinuses, cheek, jaw, and teeth...was taking an american drug (Aleve cold and sinus) every day for years...(not recommended), started taking allergy nasal spray (flonase in the US..Floxinase or something here)..this does help cut the edge off, but is still an ongoing issue for me.

Same here but i use ephedrine hcl, nasacort & at the moment, cilicaine
bit of a triple wammy ephedrine clears the mucus so i can take the steroid to clear inflamation & the peniccillin stops the infection or wotever it is,
Forsan miseros meliora sequentur - For those in misery perhaps better things will follow
garetjax
UKFM Member

Postby PhilDiggle » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:48 pm

I've got quite bad face pain at the moment down my left hand side. But I think it's probably my Wisdom teeth?

But my face is quite sore from the base of my jaw left side to the top of my head to a point where it's giving me headache too
Freelance Graphics Designer, Full-Time University Student and a Novice Photographer. I like to keep myself busy!!

My Blog on dealing with not feeling normal!
PhilDiggle
UKFM Member

Postby ladymanvers » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:50 pm

Hello Geminigirl (I'm one too)

Yes I get costochondritis (ribs so sore they feel broken) and face pain. Feel like a boxer after a match! One day my friend, our medics WILL understand......
ladymanvers
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems