I am amazed - truly I am !

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I am amazed - truly I am !

Postby DaveD » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:03 am

Hi all

Just joined the forum and after reading the headings on here am sure I have at long last found what is wrong with me :shock: . Looking along the thread titles is like looking at my GP records , nerve damage , occipital neuralgia , Man Moods ( bad but not like those once a month ones from the mrs ) lol

Sorry the rant but after years of not knowing this place is like my mecca !

wishing you all well

Dave
You may only be someone in the world, but to someone else, you may be the world.
DaveD
UKFM Member

Re: I am amazed - truly I am !

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:11 am

I remember thinking the same...

&

Its not all in your head after all :lol:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby DaveD » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:08 pm

The pain consultant said to me ... and I quote :

' I don't want to be patronising to you but ............. ' :roll:

To which I interrupted ( you'll like this )

' That's ok the rest of your profession have been doing it to me for years ' !

atvb

Dave
You may only be someone in the world, but to someone else, you may be the world.
DaveD
UKFM Member

Postby anne1206 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:09 pm

Hi DaveD and welcome to the place where we all come to get understanding from others :D
Its a sad fact that we have all been in the same situation as you :?
Yes this place is a mecca for us all, I like most others had never heard of fibro until being diagnosed, and this forum has helped me understand my condition better, and also to get a bit of light releif sometimes, ie our virtual holiday, feel free to join us, think there is still a few places left, its ony a bit of daftness for fun, but hey most of us either thought we were mad anyway, or the doc thought we were. :crazy:
Take care, Anne :hugs:
durate et vosmet rebus servate secundis///>Carry on and preserve yourselves for better times
anne1206
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:45 pm

I was so glad i found this site, it has helped me out lots, i have answers to my questions.
My partner also has fibro so knew a little about it, at least i can now understand what he goes through, and we can support each other.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby DaveD » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:46 pm

anne1206 wrote:Hi DaveD and welcome to the place where we all come to get understanding from others :D
Its a sad fact that we have all been in the same situation as you :?
Yes this place is a mecca for us all, I like most others had never heard of fibro until being diagnosed, and this forum has helped me understand my condition better, and also to get a bit of light releif sometimes, ie our virtual holiday, feel free to join us, think there is still a few places left, its ony a bit of daftness for fun, but hey most of us either thought we were mad anyway, or the doc thought we were. :crazy:
Take care, Anne :hugs:

Thank you Anne , I told a friend of mine today and he sent me an e-mail saying that he always thought I was mad anyway . :lol:

I remember my father telling me that model Jo Guest had fibro ( see I can abbreviate already ) as it was in the local papers , I told my GP but was subsequently sent on another jolly 1 hour 10 mins MRI scan .

I am not bitter , just pleased I now know really .

atvb

Dave
DaveD
UKFM Member

Postby DaveD » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:49 pm

shazq wrote:I was so glad i found this site, it has helped me out lots, i have answers to my questions.
My partner also has fibro so knew a little about it, at least i can now understand what he goes through, and we can support each other.

Sorry Shaz I missed you there as I was typing . I look forward to using the site for moaning , sorry I mean supporting eachother . lol

I wish you and your partner atvb

Dave
DaveD
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:05 pm

DaveD wrote:
shazq wrote:I was so glad i found this site, it has helped me out lots, i have answers to my questions.

Sorry Shaz I missed you there as I was typing . I look forward to using the site for moaning , sorry I mean supporting eachother . lol

I wish you and your partner atvb

Dave

Lol will let you off Dave, i also have a Dave, now i will have both of you in my ear hole moaning..sorry need supporting..haha. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby motherelephant » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:29 pm

Nice to have another man on board Dave ,looking forward to reading your posts.Motherelle.x :D
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby gillshutt » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:47 am

DaveD wrote:The pain consultant said to me ... and I quote :

' I don't want to be patronising to you but ............. ' :roll:

To which I interrupted ( you'll like this )

' That's ok the rest of your profession have been doing it to me for years ' !

atvb

Dave

Love it :lol: :lol: Must remember that one :lol:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems